Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?.. How would you react?

Posted by   + Show Post
You provide a family member that watches your child while you work with a car seat.

This family member comes to meet you with your child in a storm. It's raining heavily foggy etc.

This family member doesn't bring your child's car seat and they've driving approx 20 mins with your kid.

What do you do when they pull up? What do you say? How do you react?

I'm asking bc this happened to me today so I'm just wondering what y'all would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
OrientalLily
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I would freak out. Just my nature. That's my child, and that person put my child in danger. What if they had been in an accident?! UNACCEPTABLE!
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM
I would have to leave work. No way would my child get back in the car!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I would ask what was going on, listen to the answer and remind sitter that she needs a carseat, it's safer and the law and let it go. If it keeps happening, I would find a new sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

how old is the child that they would even think thats ok?

Ollie123
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I would do this.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I would ask what was going on, listen to the answer and remind sitter that she needs a carseat, it's safer and the law and let it go. If it keeps happening, I would find a new sitter.

1likeme
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM
I would have been very upset. This person would no longer be watching my child.
lindilouwho82
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I would calmly ask where the carseat you provided them with is, then ask why your child is not in it.

There would be no discussion, I would TELL them how irresponsible it was to not have the child buckled up. Let them know that what they just did was a huge dissapointment and one that questions their ability to be good caregiver.

After that it's something you need to consider after you have let the situation simmered down. Weigh the pro's and con's of using the person as a babysitter and if you think it will happen again.

gr8d8n3mom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

As a former Paramedic, and STRONG believer in car seats/Seat belts. I would have had a COW!  I wouldn't have been able to contain myself with this one, I would have gone off on the carelessness with MY child!  What the heck is wrong with ppl!!!??? You want to be stupid with YOUR life that is YOUR choice, don't be stupid with MY child! They can't make that decision to be with out a CARSEAT!!

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I'd have flipped out on them.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

MeganGallagher
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM

i would SNAAAAAAAAAAP if they had my kid without a car seat.. are you kidding me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)