Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you do?.. How would you react?

Posted by   + Show Post
You provide a family member that watches your child while you work with a car seat.

This family member comes to meet you with your child in a storm. It's raining heavily foggy etc.

This family member doesn't bring your child's car seat and they've driving approx 20 mins with your kid.

What do you do when they pull up? What do you say? How do you react?

I'm asking bc this happened to me today so I'm just wondering what y'all would do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (41-47):
connie45
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I would've certainly have to consider
what else this supposed caretaker may be doing that is not safe nor ok with me.

OP, what did you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I would have asked "Why the Hell is he not in his carseat???"   Then told them to leave my child with me, go get the child seat and return.

Bonita131
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Why would you provide a car seat for a 4yr old? In my area a 4 yr old uses a booster seat, not a car seat.

That aside, I'd be asking some strong questions as to why my child was not secured.

And just out of curiosity, why would you be okay with your family member coming to meet you with your child in a storm, raining heavily, foggy etc? You should have had enough sense to take transit or a cab home rather than have your child out in a car, in a storm.

dlnimo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM
My 4 yr old is still in a car seat and will stay in one until she exceeds the weight and height requirements.

Quoting Bonita131:

Why would you provide a car seat for a 4yr old? In my area a 4 yr old uses a booster seat, not a car seat.

That aside, I'd be asking some strong questions as to why my child was not secured.

And just out of curiosity, why would you be okay with your family member coming to meet you with your child in a storm, raining heavily, foggy etc? You should have had enough sense to take transit or a cab home rather than have your child out in a car, in a storm.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slayerslegacy
by Shakespeare on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM
My son will be five in a month, and he's still in his car seat. He still has five inches and twenty five pounds to go.

Quoting dlnimo:

My 4 yr old is still in a car seat and will stay in one until she exceeds the weight and height requirements.

Quoting Bonita131:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I would have been beyond angry. However I would talk to them about the importance of safety and that nothing means more to me than the safety of my child and that when they have my child I expect that the car seat will be used properly. I would then make sure they knew how to use it as well. I would also explain the laws in your state and how they work. Sorry that happened to you.

sam12796
by Sandy on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Quoting Bonita131:

My 5 year old is still in a car seat. 5 point harness at that. She has not exceeded the weight and height requirements. It is what is safest and that is important to me. It will change to a booster eventually but for now she stays in the seat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN