Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do I wait? Doctor question... I know don't ask her update

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
Im sick started yesterday but now I'm barking coughing and it hurts deep in my chest between my breasts when I cough I was also sore yesterday and I'm frequently sweaty then cold but no fever that I know of. My doctor can't get me in tomorrow and when I asked about just walking in and waiting in the lobby. She basically told me I could wait there all day but the chances of them getting to me was slim.

Do I go and sit in the lobby? Does this sound like any virus going around? My throat is blood red when I look at it... Painful

Update I had a horrible night I'm very confused and dizzy I'm not sure exact what is going on. Im not sure if it's sickness related or medication related I didn't take my depression meds last night but felt this way before I normally take them so I chose not to bc I didn't understand what was going on. I'll go to an urgent care as soon as one opens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Go to a minute clinic at CVS or Walgreens, either way, yes be seen. Sounds like bronchitis which you need steroids and antibiotics. I get it every winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SourRoses
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM
If you have insurance go to an urgent care or something, or one of those clinics they have in Walgreens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Yesterday I spoke with the pharmacist at Walgreens who wouldn't prescribe me any meds that I have to sign for but told me theraflu would fix the problem it's not helping. I have never heard of a minute clinic

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Go to a minute clinic at CVS or Walgreens, either way, yes be seen. Sounds like bronchitis which you need steroids and antibiotics. I get it every winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Do you know if urgent care clinics are open during normal business hours?

Quoting SourRoses:

If you have insurance go to an urgent care or something, or one of those clinics they have in Walgreens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SourRoses
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Yes they are. Most I know are open from till 8 or 9pm
SourRoses
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Yes they are, most I know are open till 8 or 9pm

Quoting Justine1123:

Do you know if urgent care clinics are open during normal business hours?

Quoting SourRoses:

Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Ahh thank you it's 9 pm here now so I'm sure they are closed but I will call right away tomorrow morning.

Quoting SourRoses:

Yes they are. Most I know are open from till 8 or 9pm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Not all walgreens and CVS's NASDAQthe walk in clinics, you cab either wait until morning because it's too late now and find one in your area, or go to urgent carte now since it's after hours. Should go now before the crazy starts in about an hour or two. Worst times to check in atat an urgent care or er is between 9pm and midnight.

Quoting Justine1123:

Yesterday I spoke with the pharmacist at Walgreens who wouldn't prescribe me any meds that I have to sign for but told me theraflu would fix the problem it's not helping. I have never heard of a minute clinic

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I would go. I had something awful about 3 weeks ago. I was coughing up blood and other yuck, it tasted like yeast and had a fever for 3 days. I got rid of it myself. I was eating raw garlic and gargling with apple cider vinegar and salt water. And cough drops where my best friend.

mommykc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I would go to a er or an urgent care. Both will tell u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN