Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ok. need some advice. depo-shot receivers

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 19 Replies
K. So, bleh lol how to start this one. I'm on the depo shot, reason being is because I was on the pill(was that 1%er who still got pregnant, hence my son<3) and my uterus is tilted just enough that the iud hurts. So I went to the shot.

Was great for the first year I was on it. Now rounding the second, and just the last 2 months I have NO SEX DRIVE >.< talk about a downer. Depression and anxiety have also taken a turn for the worse with my sex drive. Right now I'm involved in a long distance thing, and he likes to try to arouse me through text(back in the day I loved it the first time we dated before I married my sons dad) but now he gets frustrated when I tell him it isn't doing anything for me. And that in turn makes me frustrated because I feel like less of a woman.

Is there something I can ask my Dr to give me to help bring it back but still be on the shot? I want to be intimate but I just can't. And its frustrating like the hell...please help...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shade.lotus
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Hope someone gets back to me soon.
Mommy2Angel0617
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have a sex drive while on this medication, even when I would feel some what "frisky" sex didn't do anything to me. I only received one shot. They can give you a low dose of estrogen pills and that may help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shade.lotus
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Ill ask about that. I just hate this feeling, 21 years old I should still have a decent sex drive. :(. Ty for your response :)
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Can't help ya lol... Bled for 6 mos. strait and got preggers w/ kid number 3. Hope all goes well though! (I now have 7 kids and hopefully the tubal works cause the BC's did not lol.)

hypnautica
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I was on it 2 yrs and no sex drive. I stopped it then switched to ortho-evra which is the patch. I actually didn't mind the patch I didn't have any side effects. I have never heard of anything to help with a females sex drive. Maybe Google and see if there is an herb to help.
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I got off depo after using it for two years or so. Quit taking it when my DH and I got engaged, has a period nonstop for 4 months straight, was told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant for over a year, got pregnant right after our wedding and found out at 5 weeks and had a miscarriage the day after I found out. That was October 2010. I just got pregnant this last June and have never used protection or bc with my DH since I quit the depo. I for sure will never use it again.
shade.lotus
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Oh my o.o I don't like the sound of all this. Why did the worst of all things have to work for me? Lol. My luck huh.
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I got the depo shot once and I didn't have a sex drive while one it because I bled the entire time. 

MrsLuciano02
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I was on Depo for 7 years and the only thing I loved about it was I never had AF but as soon as I missed a shot I she visited. The whole sex drive thing was kinda there but not, I loved having sex with my bf at the time (sorry TMI) but when we weren't together I was ok with it. I got off it in 2010 to start a family with my DH (not the BF) in 2011

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I am no help. When I was on depo I didn't enjoy having sex. I switched to the pill cuz at the time ex and I were ttc. Yeah went back to the shot. Now I have the implant in my arm. No problems so far with it. No AF either. And my sex drive now. Out the roof but of course I really enjoy it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)