Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Going out sick

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM
  • 39 Replies
When you go to a doctors appt because you are sick, do you get dressed or just go in Jammies? I took ds today in spider man pants because he has the flu. I went a couple months ago in my Horton lays an egg pants and a tank top. They we lucky I wore a bra. Anyone, do you get dolled up when you're sick for a doctor visit?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM

If it were my child that were sick,I'd definitely let her go to the doctor in pjs.If it were me that were sick,I'd just dress comfortably in my yoga pants/or lounge pants and a t-shirt.

black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I never get sick. I mean never. It is weird. But if the kids are sick then they go in jammies. I am fine with that because it is usually warmer that way. My mother-in-law is sick a lot and I definately keep her in jammies because I would have to dress her and that is way too difficult. If she is wearing a gown I will put some jammie pants on her. No one cares when it is someone in a wheelchair, with yellow skin, and an oxygen tank. They just want her to get away from them.  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM

For children I let her stay in her pjs.   I only go in my pjs if i feel like i am on my deathbed.

Aydnsmommy
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Always dressed. We teach our kids that jammies are for at home only. Now I don't make them, or myself all dolled up. It is usually sweats or just comfortable clothes and my hair brushed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Whatever's most comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aka_speezolove
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:12 AM

When I am sick, I am not concerened too much about how I look. However, I don't usually wear pj's. I usually wear sweats or yoga pants and a T. I put my hair up and at least color in my blonde eyebrows. I don't wanna look like a total freak ;)

AMR320
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I put on jeans and a t-shirt hair in a ponytail. So not dolled up but I never leave my house in pjs. My oldest DD (4) has only had maybe 2 sick visits and she wore clothes but nothing fancy just normal play clothes. My younger DD (16 mos) has never had a sick visit. We only go to the Dr for serious illness, not just colds or coughs, or for well checks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Dolled up no....clothes yes. Then again I can't remember the last time I had a sick visit to the dr. But I'm a bit fat mess in street clothes no way I'm going out in my jammy jams
schatzi869
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:17 AM
I don't ever wear pajamas when i go somewhere. I always wear jeans.
goldilocksbecky
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Jeans or soft pants and a t-shirt.  I don't "get dolled up" as you put it, but I do get dressed.  In real clothes.  To me, pajamas are for in the house.  Even coming home from the hospital after surgeries, I've always gotten dressed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN