Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why did she commit suicide?

Posted by   + Show Post

The nurse that transferred the prank call from the Australian DJ's commited suicide. I just don't understand why she would commit suicide. It is tragic, sad, such a drastic action over a prank. They haven't autopsed the body yet and there wasn't a suicide note. How do you know it was a suicide? If it was, why would she leave her children over a prank call? I just don't understand. This is sad.

juggling

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
Due9
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I will never forget that day when my mom told me Princess Di has died. So sad. Anyway, I just can't imagine someone commiting suicide over this. Even if it was for fear of family shame.

Quoting Itzy0ll0tl:

I do not believe for one second she commited suicide.

just like I dont believe princes dianas death was accidental ( yes an accident, but maybe someone caused it)

juggling

kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I don't understand it either. The hospital said they were not taking disciplinary action. So she was not fired. And the royal family was not raising hell. The media was. But who gives a shit what the media thinks. It just does not make sense.

Arwyn724
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Public humiliation can send even strong people over the edge.  The British take their Royal Family seriously, and to disgrace one's self in front of them would be hard to  face.  I'm willing to bet the Royals do something to compensate her family, or at least her children.  They did not blame her for the prank, but it is so sad the outcome. 

Arwyn724
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM

The media has been known to ruin a lot of lives.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I don't understand it either. The hospital said they were not taking disciplinary action. So she was not fired. And the royal family was not raising hell. The media was. But who gives a shit what the media thinks. It just does not make sense.

Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
She was probably threatened and it drove her to suicide or someone did something to her. Who knows, just seems suspicious to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SJF1989
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I must live under a rock, can someone explain the whole story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
this. we only know of the one incident. for all we know she could have been suicidal for a very long time. or it could be conspiracy... who knows. either way, not our place to judge.

Quoting Megan11587:

I don't understand, either.  You never know what demons people carry with them - it may have just been the last straw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollie123
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I don't know it is very sad. I think she was under a incredible amount of stress. She quickly went from a very happy proud moment in her life(having Kate in her hospital) to being humiliated. I know the British press is like blood hounds. Poor lady.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM

from what I heard of the call, it made no sense, all I heard was that she the pranker called and said " hello i would like to speak to  {whatever her name is } my grandaughter...doesn't she possibly have another set of grandparents? What all went on in the prank? If she would kill herself over that then it was going to happen anyway. she was clearly a mess..

LectioDivina
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

It's absurd that she would kill herself over one prank call that no one was mad at her for...

5000 to 1 she had other things going on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)