Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

at least if i ever end up a single mom again i have a plan....

Posted by   + Show Post

i have had it with working low paying menial jobs for shitty employers. enough is enough. 

i am now on sick leave and just waiting for my record of employment to be sent to me so i can give it to employment insurance, i am *hoping* my EI will kick in before the new year, but not holding my breath.

in order to have some help from EI in re-training, i need to have a pretty rock solid "action plan" after a lot of thought and research, i have come up with a plan that will ensure i have a good paying job to go to when i am done my mat leave.

so my plan is to take my youth care worker certification via distance education, (online) by the time my mat leave is about up and baby is done breastfeeding, i will be starting my practicum, likely at Egadz, a youth center i used to go to a lot when i was a bad ass youth, and in fact, my old foster mom runs the place :) she was pretty sure i could get in for my practicum, which would be AWESOME!

i may also do some practicum at gov't run group homes, i want to be able to get a job in either gov't or a publicly funded organization when i am done. wages run from $17-37/hr for a YCW. 

once i am done my cert, i will start working, and continue taking distance ed (which i will be paying for course by course, on my own) to get my degree in YCW.

dh got the cattle thing done and has paid off our credit cards, THANK GOD! although i am not sure if he also got them cut off, i sure hope he has.

i looked online at his bank account, my suv is costing us $240/bi weekly, his car is about the same, the mortgage is $330. bi weekly. so it is not as much going out as i had thought (because DH said so) but i wish i could get lower car payments, HOWEVER, we over paid for the escape by about $10,000. and now have $17,000 in negative equity on that damn thing. **sigh** i dont know how to get that back to something reasonable. 

anyways. my plan is to get a damn good CAREER, not just a job. because a woman with a career has a lot more choices in life open to her than someone who is only making $11/hr. 

we need to contact the banks and see if we could possibly just pay the interest on the mortgage and cars while dh is in school for jan -feb, but somehow i doubt it.

eventually, we will have to sell the house and move, in the next 2-3 years. simply because we dont have enough job options out here, and dh has the highest level of education out of all the guys at his work, and he needs a 4th year journeyman to work under, or he can't continue to move up the ladder.

well, thats all for now.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

but i am pretty sure the payments would be higher? anyways, it's not happening. i will keep my escape. and it costs like $120 to fill a ram! for 600km at BEST! lol my escape costs about $55 and i get 500-550km out of a tank

Quoting HouseMa:

I THINK the Dodge Ram has a button called the eco button.  It helps immensely in gas consumption.

My 2012 Grand Caravan has it.  We, at one point, had it down to 7.2 liters used per 100 kilometeres.

We can get to and from my parents on one tank of gas...my parents live 350 miles from me.  In American-ese 150 kilometers. 

Check it out...it might be okay. 

Quoting D.O.E.:

i know.

we owe $30,000 on the escape. it's worth $20,000.  that is a lot of negative equity. the only people who can actually get rid of that negative equity is dodge, by putting me in a dodge ram truck, with $13,000 in rebates because of the deal they have with dh's place of employment. 

and i cannot afford the gas for a fuckin dodge ram :( i dont know what to do with the damn thing. and when baby is here, we will have to use 2 cars to go anywhere as a family when hunter is here.... (smaller wouldn't exactly work but damn i wish i could, i really fuckin do)

mom-super-2
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Actions have consequences ie. Unprotected Sex=unplanned pregnancy. Marrying a emotionally dead man=lack of communication throughout the rest of your marrage.
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM

welll geez thanks for letting me know, i had no idea......smh.

if it makes you feel any better, my tubes are getting tied as soon as preston makes his appearance. 

and i was on pill form bc, but to be honest, i seriously suck at taking meds of any sort, i always forget, shit happens. i have no problem having another child, single or married, it doesn't matter. i have an amazing family and if and when i leave, i will be living in very close proximity to them. so it is not like i won't have a support system in place. and seeing as i am in canada and not the states, having a baby really isn't a huge expense.

they will still have a dad. we just very likely won't be living under the same roof.

Quoting mom-super-2:

Actions have consequences ie. Unprotected Sex=unplanned pregnancy. Marrying a emotionally dead man=lack of communication throughout the rest of your marrage.

mom-super-2
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Oh are diapers and wipes free in Canada.  Here in the states we have to pay for those and we have to buy regulated car seats as well as clothing.  Where I live a baby costs about $9,000 in its first year. 

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM

and whats your fucking point? like seriously, shut up. as if i won't be able to afford diapers and wipes. get your head out of your ass. and car seats? of course i can afford a fucking car seat you moron. i'm not some fucking lazy bitch sitting on welfare, nor will i be. so fuck right off.

Quoting mom-super-2:

Oh are diapers and wipes free in Canada.  Here in the states we have to pay for those and we have to buy regulated car seats as well as clothing.  Where I live a baby costs about $9,000 in its first year. 

Ciaodarlings
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Does she have something against you or what? Good God. What a bitch.

Quoting D.O.E.:

and whats your fucking point? like seriously, shut up. as if i won't be able to afford diapers and wipes. get your head out of your ass. and car seats? of course i can afford a fucking car seat you moron. i'm not some fucking lazy bitch sitting on welfare, nor will i be. so fuck right off.

Quoting mom-super-2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teacher101
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Self improvement and higher education are always a good thing! Good luck with all your endeavors.

mom-super-2
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I thought all your credit cards were maxed and you had no money in your bank accounts.

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Quoting D.O.E.:

welll geez thanks for letting me know, i had no idea......smh.

if it makes you feel any better, my tubes are getting tied as soon as preston makes his appearance. 

and i was on pill form bc, but to be honest, i seriously suck at taking meds of any sort, i always forget, shit happens. i have no problem having another child, single or married, it doesn't matter. i have an amazing family and if and when i leave, i will be living in very close proximity to them. so it is not like i won't have a support system in place. and seeing as i am in canada and not the states, having a baby really isn't a huge expense.

they will still have a dad. we just very likely won't be living under the same roof.

Quoting mom-super-2:

HA HA HA HA

that is all

MommyFlood
by Stacie on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM
OP is a notorious train wreck.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Does she have something against you or what? Good God. What a bitch.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting mom-super-2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)