Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

at least if i ever end up a single mom again i have a plan....

Posted by   + Show Post

i have had it with working low paying menial jobs for shitty employers. enough is enough. 

i am now on sick leave and just waiting for my record of employment to be sent to me so i can give it to employment insurance, i am *hoping* my EI will kick in before the new year, but not holding my breath.

in order to have some help from EI in re-training, i need to have a pretty rock solid "action plan" after a lot of thought and research, i have come up with a plan that will ensure i have a good paying job to go to when i am done my mat leave.

so my plan is to take my youth care worker certification via distance education, (online) by the time my mat leave is about up and baby is done breastfeeding, i will be starting my practicum, likely at Egadz, a youth center i used to go to a lot when i was a bad ass youth, and in fact, my old foster mom runs the place :) she was pretty sure i could get in for my practicum, which would be AWESOME!

i may also do some practicum at gov't run group homes, i want to be able to get a job in either gov't or a publicly funded organization when i am done. wages run from $17-37/hr for a YCW. 

once i am done my cert, i will start working, and continue taking distance ed (which i will be paying for course by course, on my own) to get my degree in YCW.

dh got the cattle thing done and has paid off our credit cards, THANK GOD! although i am not sure if he also got them cut off, i sure hope he has.

i looked online at his bank account, my suv is costing us $240/bi weekly, his car is about the same, the mortgage is $330. bi weekly. so it is not as much going out as i had thought (because DH said so) but i wish i could get lower car payments, HOWEVER, we over paid for the escape by about $10,000. and now have $17,000 in negative equity on that damn thing. **sigh** i dont know how to get that back to something reasonable. 

anyways. my plan is to get a damn good CAREER, not just a job. because a woman with a career has a lot more choices in life open to her than someone who is only making $11/hr. 

we need to contact the banks and see if we could possibly just pay the interest on the mortgage and cars while dh is in school for jan -feb, but somehow i doubt it.

eventually, we will have to sell the house and move, in the next 2-3 years. simply because we dont have enough job options out here, and dh has the highest level of education out of all the guys at his work, and he needs a 4th year journeyman to work under, or he can't continue to move up the ladder.

well, thats all for now.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM

i am an ex addict. i was a crack addict for 12 out of my 29 years of life. i have been clean for 6 years, but am still called a crack head on here, for some reason. i am also an ex prostitute. again, not done it for 6 years, although when i had a complete and total nervous and emotional break down when i left my dh last spring i considered going back to it to make ends meet. however, i simply went out and got another shitty job. 

what else? god i dunno, but those are the two main things i guess. oh! i had a baby 2 months after i turned 15, my mom has raised him, i tried to have him live with us, but it didn't work out, so he is happily living with my mom again.

and instead of aborting an unplanned pregnancy from a very violent man, i decided to carry to term and give her up for adoption. this also makes me the devil. 

**shrugs** i am not perfect.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

What has she done though?

Quoting MommyFlood:

You'd be surprized. She's had like 3-4 screen names. 

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Ah, we'll obviously I've missed out on something. She can't be as bad as Supermarketmama though!

Quoting MommyFlood:

OP is a notorious train wreck.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Does she have something against you or what? Good God. What a bitch.

Quoting D.O.E.:

and whats your fucking point? like seriously, shut up. as if i won't be able to afford diapers and wipes. get your head out of your ass. and car seats? of course i can afford a fucking car seat you moron. i'm not some fucking lazy bitch sitting on welfare, nor will i be. so fuck right off.

Quoting mom-super-2:

Oh are diapers and wipes free in Canada.  Here in the states we have to pay for those and we have to buy regulated car seats as well as clothing.  Where I live a baby costs about $9,000 in its first year. 

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

try the fire proof love dare things might not change over night but it does help a marriage from what I have heard on this site

Lurion
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Good for you! Sounds like a great plan. Best of luck. 

You're actually paying $1040 a month in car payments. I think that's crazy! 

It's kinda like the fiscal cliff thing--need to make more AND tighten the belt to make it work these days.  

Ciaodarlings
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I see. Well, nobody is perfect obviously. Congrats on staying clean, that's great. Did you just recently give her up for adoption or are you currently pregnant?

Quoting D.O.E.:

i am an ex addict. i was a crack addict for 12 out of my 29 years of life. i have been clean for 6 years, but am still called a crack head on here, for some reason. i am also an ex prostitute. again, not done it for 6 years, although when i had a complete and total nervous and emotional break down when i left my dh last spring i considered going back to it to make ends meet. however, i simply went out and got another shitty job. 

what else? god i dunno, but those are the two main things i guess. oh! i had a baby 2 months after i turned 15, my mom has raised him, i tried to have him live with us, but it didn't work out, so he is happily living with my mom again.

and instead of aborting an unplanned pregnancy from a very violent man, i decided to carry to term and give her up for adoption. this also makes me the devil. 

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyFlood:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Ah, we'll obviously I've missed out on something. She can't be as bad as Supermarketmama though!

Quoting MommyFlood:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting D.O.E.:

and whats your fucking point? like seriously, shut up. as if i won't be able to afford diapers and wipes. get your head out of your ass. and car seats? of course i can afford a fucking car seat you moron. i'm not some fucking lazy bitch sitting on welfare, nor will i be. so fuck right off.

Quoting mom-super-2:

Oh are diapers and wipes free in Canada.  Here in the states we have to pay for those and we have to buy regulated car seats as well as clothing.  Where I live a baby costs about $9,000 in its first year. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OrientalLily
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quoting D.O.E.:

To risk playing devil's advocate, all "new member" had to do was search your name and she would have all the info needed. I'm rarely in newcomers, but I've read enough in mc to understand, and ya...
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM

no i was prg with her when i first got clean she is just about 5.  and i am currently pregnant with my husbands child, yes.

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

I see. Well, nobody is perfect obviously. Congrats on staying clean, that's great. Did you just recently give her up for adoption or are you currently pregnant?

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyFlood:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting MommyFlood:

Quoting Ciaodarlings:

Quoting D.O.E.:

Quoting mom-super-2:

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM

wait.

dont you have a 10 year old?

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:31 PM

no foo, i don't. i have a 14 yr old, a 6 yr old, and 2 yr old.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

wait.

dont you have a 10 year old?

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Oh I thought ur adopted baby was older.

so you had the adopted baby gave her up - then had your 6 year old and kept him?

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Wow was yoru 6 yr old born addicted to drugs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN