Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

at least if i ever end up a single mom again i have a plan....

Posted by   + Show Post

i have had it with working low paying menial jobs for shitty employers. enough is enough. 

i am now on sick leave and just waiting for my record of employment to be sent to me so i can give it to employment insurance, i am *hoping* my EI will kick in before the new year, but not holding my breath.

in order to have some help from EI in re-training, i need to have a pretty rock solid "action plan" after a lot of thought and research, i have come up with a plan that will ensure i have a good paying job to go to when i am done my mat leave.

so my plan is to take my youth care worker certification via distance education, (online) by the time my mat leave is about up and baby is done breastfeeding, i will be starting my practicum, likely at Egadz, a youth center i used to go to a lot when i was a bad ass youth, and in fact, my old foster mom runs the place :) she was pretty sure i could get in for my practicum, which would be AWESOME!

i may also do some practicum at gov't run group homes, i want to be able to get a job in either gov't or a publicly funded organization when i am done. wages run from $17-37/hr for a YCW. 

once i am done my cert, i will start working, and continue taking distance ed (which i will be paying for course by course, on my own) to get my degree in YCW.

dh got the cattle thing done and has paid off our credit cards, THANK GOD! although i am not sure if he also got them cut off, i sure hope he has.

i looked online at his bank account, my suv is costing us $240/bi weekly, his car is about the same, the mortgage is $330. bi weekly. so it is not as much going out as i had thought (because DH said so) but i wish i could get lower car payments, HOWEVER, we over paid for the escape by about $10,000. and now have $17,000 in negative equity on that damn thing. **sigh** i dont know how to get that back to something reasonable. 

anyways. my plan is to get a damn good CAREER, not just a job. because a woman with a career has a lot more choices in life open to her than someone who is only making $11/hr. 

we need to contact the banks and see if we could possibly just pay the interest on the mortgage and cars while dh is in school for jan -feb, but somehow i doubt it.

eventually, we will have to sell the house and move, in the next 2-3 years. simply because we dont have enough job options out here, and dh has the highest level of education out of all the guys at his work, and he needs a 4th year journeyman to work under, or he can't continue to move up the ladder.

well, thats all for now.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Replies (71-79):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:03 PM

he knows i am not happy, and he knows there are a lot of things he could do to make it better, he is too lazy to. he thinks i will never really leave, so he is a lazy husband. no dates, no sweet words, no support or encouragement in regards to my goals, no excitement over the baby we are expecting, nothing. he is a glorified ROOMATE. the next year will determine what happens. he can start acting like a husband, who actually gives a shit about his wife, or he can take a hike. 

if he can't take the energy to try to make this work, why should i? why should i stay with someone who is half assing our marriage? not to mention the shitty sister in laws who have NEVER had any respect for our relationship or marriage, god, that alone is a reason for divorce in my books!!! so go nuts, call my husband, put up or shut up, bitch :)

Quoting D.O.E.:

go for it. i said "IF" i end up a single mom again, and "IF" i leave him i will have a back up plan. go for it. call him. 

Quoting mom-super-2:

Quoting D.O.E.:

who are you? he had some school trust fund he cashed in. is this one of my shitty sister in laws? **smirk**

Quoting mom-super-2:

But your inlaws bailed you and your dh out.

Yeah, should I give him a call and let him know your plans.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you Ollie, i appreciate it. i have always been honest about my past, and whatever issues i am going through, because hiding it, being ashamed of it does me no good. i have to take what i have been through and do something good with the knowledge and experience i have acquired from my past. i'm not perfect, and i have never claimed to be. life is not always easy, the road isn't always straight, and you never stop learning.

the women who sit back and judge me, whatever, they obviously have a lot of growing to do.

Quoting Ollie123:

I must say after reading through all of these posts I appreciate your honesty. You have been through a lot. I can't beleive some of the shitty judgmental things people are saying to you. It sounds to me like you are trying to make the best of your situation. I think social work old be a excellent career choice for you.

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

she is pretending to be my sil. or she is.....in which case....i really dont care, they hate me anyways, probably because i am more human than they are. and don't put up with their brothers bullshit. or theirs.

Quoting Ollie123:

I am confused. Do you know her husband?

Quoting mom-super-2:

Quoting D.O.E.:

who are you? he had some school trust fund he cashed in. is this one of my shitty sister in laws? **smirk**

Quoting mom-super-2:

But your inlaws bailed you and your dh out.

Yeah, should I give him a call and let him know your plans.

mom-super-2
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

HAHAHA  You can't fix CrAzY!!!!

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quoting mom-super-2:

And e,actly how am i crazy? Im not the one pretending to be someone im not. Thats you.
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You sure can't, you weird weird freak. Holy fuck, you need pills o_O Poor enfeebled creature.

Quoting mom-super-2:

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sucker4myloves:

Lol thanks for the giggle, i needed that. I got to get some sleep now, up early to get to moosejaw on time for this action plan thing :-) should be interesting, i am SO looking forward to having something to study and bei.g able to excercise my brain! *love school* tomorrow is step one!
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:11 AM
No I don't bash him. Repeat ur own sentiments perhaps, but I don't bash him. But typical fashion u can't even be responsible for the words u type everything is always someone elses fault.

Quoting D.O.E.:

how am i blaming you for my train wreck? you DO bash my hubby, i of course defend him. thats not blaming you for anything. you have no bearing on my life, sorry to disappoint you.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Woa. What??????????

Don't blame me for your trainwreck.

Quoting D.O.E.:

well when foo is saying he is a pos of course i am going to defend him, he is still my husband. my family might have been through a lot, but they are my family and we all love each other and are there for each other no matter what. i have taken responsability for *MY* actions, but i am not in control of what others do.

and nope, not a pipe dream. maybe if i lived in the states it would be. i am doing what i have to do, and thanks to paying into EI as long as i have been working i get to have that chance to better myself :)

and whether i take my YCW or get my BA in social work, as my sister suggested, will be figured out tomorrow. 

just because my life *has* been a train wreck, according to you guys, doesn't mean it Is a train wreck, i just have moments of train wreckedness. 

Quoting suckers07:

That's what I was thinking.  This chick is giving me whiplash.  Last week he was the best husband ever and they were so happy.  WTH LOL???

Quoting ddhb2007:

You are delusional. You've posted all over this site about your wreck of a family, your one minute exceptional and next minute loser of a husband, your lack of planning, and how nothing is ever your fault. This is just another one of your pipe dreams trying to drum up attention for yourself because you aren't capable of providing your self-confidence.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM

hey! i can call my dh an asshole all i like, because he is my dh, but you can't!!!! got it? lol unless you are agreeing with me when i am mad of course :)

Quoting FooLynRoo:

No I don't bash him. Repeat ur own sentiments perhaps, but I don't bash him. But typical fashion u can't even be responsible for the words u type everything is always someone elses fault.

Quoting D.O.E.:

how am i blaming you for my train wreck? you DO bash my hubby, i of course defend him. thats not blaming you for anything. you have no bearing on my life, sorry to disappoint you.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Woa. What??????????

Don't blame me for your trainwreck.

Quoting D.O.E.:

well when foo is saying he is a pos of course i am going to defend him, he is still my husband. my family might have been through a lot, but they are my family and we all love each other and are there for each other no matter what. i have taken responsability for *MY* actions, but i am not in control of what others do.

and nope, not a pipe dream. maybe if i lived in the states it would be. i am doing what i have to do, and thanks to paying into EI as long as i have been working i get to have that chance to better myself :)

and whether i take my YCW or get my BA in social work, as my sister suggested, will be figured out tomorrow. 

just because my life *has* been a train wreck, according to you guys, doesn't mean it Is a train wreck, i just have moments of train wreckedness. 

Quoting suckers07:

That's what I was thinking.  This chick is giving me whiplash.  Last week he was the best husband ever and they were so happy.  WTH LOL???

Quoting ddhb2007:

You are delusional. You've posted all over this site about your wreck of a family, your one minute exceptional and next minute loser of a husband, your lack of planning, and how nothing is ever your fault. This is just another one of your pipe dreams trying to drum up attention for yourself because you aren't capable of providing your self-confidence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)