Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should he tell her?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
My ex dh was married almost a year ago. He has a new wife, stepson, and ds. He has yet to tell our dd. if you were in his position, would you tell your dd?

It isn't a major issue, I was just curious about other opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jyofray
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Yes but the choice of words would determine the age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I assume he doesnt see her? um sounds strange that he doesnt see her an she doesnt know.

Rain2Rinse
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM
She is 6, but not an immature 6.

Quoting jyofray:

Yes but the choice of words would determine the age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
He hasn't seen her in almost 2 years. He called a bit at first, then stopped. He's recently asked if they can Skype. Idk, I was thinking about it earlier, and found it strange that he hasn't told her.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I assume he doesnt see her? um sounds strange that he doesnt see her an she doesnt know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM
She shouldve been told when it happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Since he hasnt remained in contact , i dont find it strange but wow that may hurt her alot that he has this new life and did not include her.

Rain2Rinse
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:38 PM
That's true. It's just that he seda me long, rambling emails abou how he loves her so much, cries everyday, and can't live without her. Well why isn't she made aware of important events in your life?

It makes me a bit sad for her.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Since he hasnt remained in contact , i dont find it strange but wow that may hurt her alot that he has this new life and did not include her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jyofray
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Agree. I think you should gently bring it up in a way where when he talks to her it doesn't break her heart.

Quoting frndlyfn:

MrsRinehart2010
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

It is strange an in fact slightly selfish on his part . comsidering he had already had a child he wasnt being a father to an then to go out an start another family plus no even think to include the child he already made? Im sorry but I would tell him he needed to some how come from where ever he is an sit her down antalk to her an explain him self. How old is she? Im sure regardless either now or later on down the road its going to hurt her . I mean I surely would be upset if my father could forget me then feel he should have another family (if that makes since) . An sadlt kids tend to blame them selfs for the things that adults do.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

He hasn't seen her in almost 2 years. He called a bit at first, then stopped. He's recently asked if they can Skype. Idk, I was thinking about it earlier, and found it strange that he hasn't told her.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
That's terribly sad. :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)