Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

without the heat on........

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

It is 78 degrees in our apartment.  Everyone else must have their heat on and we get the residual.  It does save on our electricity bill.  I had to open windows for a few minutes to cool it down.  78 is way too hot for me.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I really don't mind the 70s at all. A room in the daycare I work at read 73 on the thermostat but it had to be in the 50s cuz it was freezing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Must be nice. I can give you some of my heating bill =)

goldilocksbecky
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Oh, DH and I had that in one of our college apartments when we were first married.  We were in a mountain town that could get some serious winter weather.  But we were on the second floor and right below us was a sweet little Korean couple.  They had a new baby and the DH's grandmother (who was about 168 years old LOL) had just moved over from Korean to live with them and help take care of the baby.  Let me tell you, Grandma kept that apartment like a sweat lodge.  The heat just radiated up from our floors.  We went all winter and turned on our heat about 4 times.  In fact, most of the winter there could be a foot of snow on the ground and we would have our windows cracked a couple of inches.  We are both pretty hot natured and the amount of heat coming up from their apartment would all but run us out of ours.  LOL

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

We had that the last place we lived.  We were on top floor and the bottom apartment almost always had their wood burning fireplace going.  We live on bottom floor now.  It is 46 degrees outside.

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Oh, DH and I had that in one of our college apartments when we were first married.  We were in a mountain town that could get some serious winter weather.  But we were on the second floor and right below us was a sweet little Korean couple.  They had a new baby and the DH's grandmother (who was about 168 years old LOL) had just moved over from Korean to live with them and help take care of the baby.  Let me tell you, Grandma kept that apartment like a sweat lodge.  The heat just radiated up from our floors.  We went all winter and turned on our heat about 4 times.  In fact, most of the winter there could be a foot of snow on the ground and we would have our windows cracked a couple of inches.  We are both pretty hot natured and the amount of heat coming up from their apartment would all but run us out of ours.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN