Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does it make me a bad mom?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have NEVER left my son overnight anywhere! I have also never been away from him longer than the time I am at work which he is sleeping (I work thirds and only 2 days a week). Other than that I can count on my hands how many times I have been away from him for even a few hours. My problem is my DH wants to go on a trip just us two and maybe some friends (no kid). Idk if I can do a week trip away from him. He is only two (three in april). I feel like a horrible mom if I leave him. What do you think?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Go for it..  As long as you have a trusted adult to watch him, go have some adult time and recharge those batteries.  I bet whereever he goes he will have fun as well.   I wish i had someone to do that with dd.

singlemom1208
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM
We all need adult time mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alli1204
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM
You need to make special time for you and dh. Maybe start off with a shorter vacation? Like maybe a long weekend? A week seems a bit long for your first time away. My dh, me and some friends went on a 7 day cruise this summer and it was a long time to be away from my dd.
GaleJ
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I'm going to swim against the tide here. If you are not comfortable leaving your child, if it doesn't feel right to you, then don't do it. Our children are small for a very short time and if we as parents or mothers or fathers want to be with them it is then best for us to do so. As for time with our husbands I am of the opinion that having time with husbands doesn't mean it has to be without children. 

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Let him sleep over a family members house get him used to u being away hugs he will be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

i think that even moms need a vacation!! seperation is healthy both for the mother and the child.

Due9
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM

It is okay to leave your kid with a good sitter/family member sometimes. A mother shouldn't feel guilty for wanting some time to herself.

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Go!! Dont fall into the trap of only being mom and no longer be a woman. A lot of relationships fail because a woman is longer herself but only sees herself as Mom.
Dont mske your child your only focus in life. Get out there, have fun. You will regret it later if you dont.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I don't think so. Having time one on one with your husband is very important to your marriage!

At 3 years old my kids were spending a week every summer with my aunt, 2 states away.

-spork2.0-
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Well damn. I have left all my kids overnight with a trusted adult from very early on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN