Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much for a family of 4 for the movies Or do you think a GC to please touch museum is better?

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting my babysitting families gifts for christmas.

Was going to do the please touch museum, but I know at least one family that probably wouldn't use it... and that would break my heart.

So I thought movies... maybe.

so how much should I put on each card, 2 adults 2 kids each.

or do you think a tickets to the Please Touch Museum is better?

http://www.pleasetouchmuseum.org/

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
tennisgal
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM

for us to go to the movies it's $9/ticket in the evening and $5/child. In the afternoon they're all $5. So, $30 would account for the tickets.

Our family would appreciate the museum passes over movie passes, but obviously you know your families best. 

xMamaMiax
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I'm north of Phila(40 minutes or so),  and I HATE the city too but I go when there's an activity.  We go to the please touch, franklin institute and had annual zoo pass.

I think a movie pass is nice, and certainly fun even for preschool age.  I took my kids to movies starting at 1 year old, those $1 summer kids movies.  We haven't been in a while and they are now 4 and 6, but there are some cute holiday movies I'd like to take them to.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Well I live in NJ although I work in Philadelphia and lived there for many years.

Most of the families I babysit for are in NJ and dont really venture west much - even though its mins away.

and the one family in particuliar she has a fear of the city LOL.

Quoting xMamaMiax:

Movies I would say no more then $50, they can front the rest of it.

Please touch is great, we were gifted that once.  $60

Don't get them all the same thing if you think one might use it.  I would be surprised if a family didnt use a please touch pass!  It's great there.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Movies. Here in TX Adult tickets are $8.50 and kids $6. At least $50. (Drinks and popcorn are expensive) For me and my 2 kids it's about $40-50.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry about auto correct. If its bowling a museum mini golf They all have to interact. Even a GC for a restaurant would be awesome.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

If you Wang them to have a family day don't pickmovies. You really song interact there. Hos about CG for bowling?

why not movies? Im not looking for major interaction. Just a funday out  on me. as a family.

a lot of working families can't afford a lot of that.

I dont know though - I might try to customize to fit each family, but ahts so much work LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM

guess it all depends on the ages of the children.  If it were for my family I wouldn't use movie tickets because I can't imagine taking my 9mo old to a movie.  A Touch Museum though would be a blast!

SAHM of 4

Schleetle
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I'd do the museum, and then something different for the family who won't use it. What are the ages of the kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The ages range from 4 yr up to 9 yrs.

Im going to think more, the family with the 4 yr old is the one who probably wouldn't go into the city though.

I know there is like a fun play place not too far from us, like games, go carts etc..  maybe ill look into that for them.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

If you know they won't use it, I would send movie passes.  our kids school sells movies passes for $8 for our local theatre(at the theatre I think its $9 for kids and $11 for adults).  Although we go to this theatre in the next town over that has $5 matinees.

sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I think the museum sounds like more fun, but that might be because I haven't gotten to go to one in forever. But, if you know that at least one will not like it, I'd not do it then, because you know you'll have wasted money and probably have hurt feelings. Movies are expensive, here it's $10 for one adult ticket during the evening, I don't know about children. But as a mom, I hardly get to go to the movies, so I bet they'd love it. Now is not the best time for the zoo cause a lot of the animals are probably hunkered down to avoid the cold.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Marge2624
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

It cost us $60 to take our kids the last time we went in Aug.  That includes popcorn and drinks.  The tickets themselves were close to $40.  It would be a VERY generous gift if you go this route.  kids stocking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN