Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamins

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ds is very healthy, never gets sick, never even had an ear infection. Etc. Since it's winter and he will not be spending that much time outside, I was thinking about giving him a multivitamin. Do you give your children vitamins, if so, what type/brand? How healthy are your children in general? 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

My kids eat a really great variety but I still have a multi vitamin that they get a few times a week(not really daily) I use Lil Critters Gummy Vites since they are gluten free, and nodye or artificial flavors/sweeteners.

In the winter we also take extra c and d vitamins.

My kids are rarely ill.

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We use Lil Critters Gummy. My kids love them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fuzzy_lil_peach
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

DS is not a very good eater. I've tried and tried to get him to eat different foods, but he's as stubborn as a mule. If i get vitamins for him, I'm thinking about only giving them to him 3 times a week. 

Quoting SuperPickle:

My kids eat a really great variety but I still have a multi vitamin that they get a few times a week(not really daily) I use Lil Critters Gummy Vites since they are gluten free, and nodye or artificial flavors/sweeteners.

My kids are rarely ill.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

just keep offering. He will come around . Just dont give in to the same foods over and over just to get him to eat LOL...Small kids often take in less than it takes to keep a bird alive it seems. 

Quoting fuzzy_lil_peach:

DS is not a very good eater. I've tried and tried to get him to eat different foods, but he's as stubborn as a mule. If i get vitamins for him, I'm thinking about only giving them to him 3 times a week. 

Quoting SuperPickle:

My kids are rarely ill.

fuzzy_lil_peach
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

He's so different about foods he will eat, he doesn't like normal foods that most 3yo's do, but he loves shrimp. lol It's strange.... 

Quoting SuperPickle:

just keep offering. He will come around . Just dont give in to the same foods over and over just to get him to eat LOL...Small kids often take in less than it takes to keep a bird alive it seems. 

Quoting fuzzy_lil_peach:

Quoting SuperPickle:

My kids are rarely ill.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

LOL My 10 year old has always loved shrimp! My 6 year old has loved prawns since he first tried them when he was 2. I am not a seafood person so to see them scarfing it down is funny to me.

Quoting fuzzy_lil_peach:

He's so different about foods he will eat, he doesn't like normal foods that most 3yo's do, but he loves shrimp. lol It's strange.... 

Quoting SuperPickle:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

DD has not had a vitamin in years but we used to do the toddler/infant one when she was that small.  The liquid ones i hear are the best absorbed by the body versus the hard ones.  She is not the best of eaters but rarely sick.

eema.gray
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

My children's multivitamin is liver, LOL.  They eat liver cooked with onions and coconut oil 3-4 times a week (no, we don't do dairy, aside from a bit of butter here and there, they are NOT going to overdose on vit A) and they like it.  My daughter, age 3, considers the dish to be plate licking good.  :-)

happynewyorker
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My daughter is pretty healthy. I don't give her vitamins.  But, I do give he acidophilus when she has an upset stomach and Apple cidar vinegar when she has the runs. :)

I do have at home vitmins for her in liquid form. I haven't use it. But like that I can place in her drink and she doesn't taste it.

try vitacost if u decide to give vitamins. They have good prices. 

FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

My son is decently health until his mid teen years when his allergies started kicking in like his fathers.. they get worse with age instead of better.

Other than that rarely sick his entire life, and only one ear infection when he was 5 or 6.

Probably 3 sick visits to the dr his whole life.

He was on vitamins since an infant, forget the brand but they are liquid drops with like an old timey bunny on them, after that it was whatever on market kids chewable i picked up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)