Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone have their baby at 35/36 weeks?

How long did your baby have to stay at the hospital? What complications did you have? Were you able to still BF?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
My niece was born at 36 weeks. No problems at all, she left the hospital with my SIL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I had my twins at 36 weeks. They came home with me, but no I was never able to breastfeed even though I tried to pump for 6 weeks. 

mamacam7
by Christina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I had a 34, 35 and 36 wkr. The 35 and 36 went home in normal time. I did not bf but was able to if I wanted too. The 34 wkr stayed for 6 days (precautionary otherwise fine). Once they took the feeding tube out they pushed the issue of bf but I wasn't ready (i was pumping and felt he was too small for my large nipples lol)

linzrenae
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I had my son at 35 weeks. He was very healthy and his lungs were great, but he had to stay in the NICU for 17 days because he was still so little he didn't eat that well. He just wanted to sleep. They ended up having to use a feeding tube which they inserted though his nose for the first 11 days. It was a surprise that he had to stay in the hospital so long considering he was healthy, with no complications except being pre-term but all babies are diffrent. i was unable to BF cuz my milk dried up before he was able to feed himslef.

oneplustwins44
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I had my twins at 37 weeks. They were 5.1 lbs and 5.14 lbs. Both were healthy and came home from the hospital with me. 

The smaller twin had to pass the carseat challenge because she had dropped to 4.1 lbs. But she passed with no problem at all.

ffpm10
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
My first was a 27 weeker. I pumped exclusively for 8 months, and besides a few developmental delays (all physical) he's happy and healthy!

So, 35/36 weeks sounds great! And my doctors were happy with 35 weeks with this pregnancy. I've made it past that though :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillian_G1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:25 PM

2 days, yes breast fed, but now at 8 has some developmental delays. ADHD, dyslexia, apd

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I had my daughter at 36 weeks exactly. We stayed 2 days, she had no complications, I chose not to BF with this baby. She is now a month old! :)

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

Ladyteancum
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

36 weeks. He was fine. I had preeclampsia. He could have left the hospital before me. He was just little. 6 lbs 6 oz. He was breast feed. He woke up every 90 mins to eat. But other than that, he was perfect.

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM
I had my son at 36 weeks and he was grey, not breathing well, and had a body temp in the low 50's, no I wasn't able to breastfeed bit that was because I don't produce milk. Today he is a healthy 5 year old
He almost didn't leave the hospital with me, and he almost got life flighted to primary children's hospital 3 hours from me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)