Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone have their baby at 35/36 weeks?

How long did your baby have to stay at the hospital? What complications did you have? Were you able to still BF?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
supermom0609
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Yes i did. my son was born at 36 wks. he was a good weight 6.9 but swolled ambiotic fluid so waz in nicu for a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM
She was born emergency c section at 36 weeks. We stayed the 3 days I had to she was healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I'm going to lurk in here to read answers. I'm 35 weeks and in the hospital. I have preeclampsia and they are monitoring me, hoping I make it another week. So I want to know what to expect.
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I had mine DS at 35 weeks. He was 6lbs, 9oz. He latched on like a champ. I had no problems bf'ing and he was never in the NICU.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Shara on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I had my 2nd baby at 36 weeks. She was a little small but not too too small (5lbs 15oz) and neither me or her had any complications and left the hospital after 2 days. I pumped breast milk and fed it to her in a bottle but I never could get any of my 3 kids to latch on correctly.

twoblues
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I had my twins at 34 weeks because of preeclampsia. One of my boys had breathing trouble for a few days. They were in the NICU for two weeks to gain weight, but no other complications. I started pumping right away and I was able to breast feed in the NICU.
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Yes I had an emergency c at 36 weeks.  She left with me.  Her only issues where related to severe reflux

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
My little sister just had her baby a few days ago at 36wks...he is perfect but is having a problem bfing
SWasson
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I had my DD at 34 1/2 weeks. She was in the NICU for about 10 days. I tried to breastfeed, but it really didn't work out—by the time my milk started to come in, she was quite used to the bottle, and I wasn't going to spend my days hooked up to a damned pump just to give her breastmilk.

unspecified42
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

My surrogate son was born a day shy of 35 weeks. He spent 9 days in the NICU, but for reasons unrelated to his prematurity. He might have stayed an extra day or two extra would be my guess had he not also been neutropenic. I had a very very hard time with breastfeeding because he was too tired.

My son was born at 36 weeks and he went home on time and breastfed successfully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)