Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New fish tank....pics

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 11 Replies

So we got a 120 gallon fish tank to move our fish into. We got it on craigslist, so it came with everything. Well I have put in the decor it came with and he also had these black rocks I haven't put in yet, I don't know does it look okay? Where should I put these rocks, or should I even use them? We want to put on a backdrop, and were thinking solid black...now I'm not sure... Ideas welcome, please!

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

What kind of fish are going in there? I don't think it will make a difference if you use those rocks or not. Black backdrop...I have one on my 75 gallon, and it does a really nice job of making the fish and the plants (real) pop (as opposed to taking the attention away from them).

Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Nice! What kind of fish do you have? I have a gar, shark, tin foil barbs, and a turtle in mine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

We have a red belly pacu and a pleco. I wish DH's fish would just die so I could have some pretty discus LOL but these fish live a long time...

Quoting lilmama2be:

What kind of fish are going in there? I don't think it will make a difference if you use those rocks or not. Black backdrop...I have one on my 75 gallon, and it does a really nice job of making the fish and the plants (real) pop (as opposed to taking the attention away from them).

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Nice! What kind of fish do you have? I have a gar, shark, tin foil barbs, and a turtle in mine :)

Red belly pacu and pleco. We had a bala shark, but Jaws ate it...Then we tried a dragon fish thinking it was long and wouldn't get eaten...nope it disappeared too LOL

baquick
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Bwhahahhaa check your title. I was like wtf is a fist tank !??!

Pretty!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Quoting baquick:

Bwhahahhaa check your title. I was like wtf is a fist tank !??!

Pretty!
LOL nice! I'm a dork :)
lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

lol That sucks. Both are boring fish (no offense meant lol ) ...but as far as decorating, I would do the lack background, and add a hiding place for the pleco

I have had chiclids (wasn't a fan, but didn't really try too hard with them), smaller community tanks, and now  the 75 is a community, mostly because I wanted to try to keep live plants, so mostly smallish community fish. I have a 20 with fancy goldfish, and a 40 also with fancy goldfish (couldn't decide what else to do with those two, but I like how they have turned out). I would LOVE to have another large tank.so many options lol :)

Quoting lanceandhailey:

We have a red belly pacu and a pleco. I wish DH's fish would just die so I could have some pretty discus LOL but these fish live a long time...

Quoting lilmama2be:

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Yeah not my pick of fish :) I do the feeding and cleaning though, so that fish follows me around lol.

Quoting lilmama2be:

lol That sucks. Both are boring fish (no offense meant lol ) ...but as far as decorating, I would do the lack background, and add a hiding place for the pleco

I have had chiclids (wasn't a fan, but didn't really try too hard with them), smaller community tanks, and now  the 75 is a community, mostly because I wanted to try to keep live plants, so mostly smallish community fish. I have a 20 with fancy goldfish, and a 40 also with fancy goldfish (couldn't decide what else to do with those two, but I like how they have turned out). I would LOVE to have another large tank.so many options lol :)

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Quoting lilmama2be:

laughingsqua125
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

christmas tree you have very nice tank .

i'd use a lighter backdrop due to color of fish

enjoy

Mesh2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I recently moved to a new house and I cannot want to get my tank set up :) 

I will be doing small community fish...I can leave town for two weeks without feeding them, and they will all still be alive when I get home :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN