Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a while

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

It's been about 20 years since I've had to figure out what to get a baby for christmas. My  son had a son on Nov. 21 this year !!!YES I am a new grammy!!!! I cannot for the life of me figure out what to get my new little man for christmas.He has a ton of clothes and is still in the new baby stages. I don't make very much money and I get a little survivor benefit from my husband's employer ( he passed away 4.5 yrs ago) . A bond is so impersonal .

Little help from y'all maybe? 

Thanks in advance ~jaxx

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

A teether or 2 would be great for him as well as maybe a stuffed animal.  All found at dollar tree. At this infant stage, no need to worry about extravagant gifts since they are just happy with a rattle usually.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

An 8x10 framed pic of your son and his son, attach a rattle or teether to it!

knagsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
You could sign him up for Gerber life . My kids got signed up at 3 months. Plus if you keep paying it every year by the time college comes around it helps pay for college
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Can you make him something? My mom made my now 5yo a quilt. He still loves it although it is packed away right now because we moved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Bouncer?  The ones that look like a walker?  Or a push toy to teach how to walk.  Babies don't care what you buy them, so talk to mom and see what would help her. 

Good luck and congrats, Grandma!

pamelax3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Start a collection of something for him that you can add to each year

opal10161973
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I was going to say a couple of toys from the dollar store or something that he can grow into with Grandma on it, like I love my Grandma or one of those.  I know you think he doesn't need clothes, but I ALWAYS needed clothes for the kids because I was changing their outfits several times a day and some got so poo or spit up stained, that I just had to throw them out after. 

My Mom got me a really awesome gift for my shower.  It was a 6 month subscription for a cloth diaper service.  They would come in and take all the yucky ones and give me fresh.  It was AWESOME!  Best gift ever!  IDK how much they cost though. 

opal10161973
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I get my kids new Xmas ornaments every year.  This will be my 19 year.  I like this idea.

Quoting pamelax3:

pamelax3
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

We do the same thing and my mom did it for us. It is a collection that can be used and change as the child grows and develops interest

Quoting opal10161973:

I get my kids new Xmas ornaments every year.  This will be my 19 year.  I like this idea.

Quoting pamelax3:

luvmyaustin
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM
They have books that records you reading it that is something special for him to have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)