Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does your man wear these? Would you want him to?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 44 Replies

Guard your leggings, ladies. Because men are hopping on board the trend of wearing tight, stretchy pants, too. So if they disappear from your closet this winter, you know where they might have gone.

According to an article written by the Business Insider, men's leggings are no longer just reserved for ballet dancers and male models -they are now common among all trendsetting gents.

More from Living: 7 things men will never get about beauty

"'Megging,' as the male legging is known, is now all the rage in sartorial circles," quotes the Insider. "Celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Russell Brand and Lenny Kravitz have all been spotted wearing leggings, while fashion stores Uniqlo, Barneys and Nordstrom are selling tights for men."

Apparently, the megging is creeping its way into fashionable men's closets everywhere, serving as a replacement for the popular skinny jean trend that has become more common among males in the past few years.

More from Living: The best mustaches of all time

"Male tights are so much more comfortable than skinny jeans," megging-wearer Mark Dorosz told the Insider. "I've always had good legs and it's nice to show them off all year round. There are so many people wearing exotic clothes in New York that nobody cares about a man wearing leggings if it works for him."

And so far, Dorosz says the feedback has been nothing but positive. "Perhaps people will be laughing around this in 12 months' time, but for now they come up to me and say, 'You look awesome.'"

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

LOL..........my dh said no fucking way would he wear them! And no, I dont want him to!!!!!!!

LucyMom08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No pictures? Boo...I was hoping to see some male moose knuckle...that's always good for a laugh...

And WTF is happening...first there's murses, then guyliner, now meggings...I mean, I like androgeny as much as the next person, but even Bowie wears suits now and then, haha...although nothing beats Labyrinth...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Darn I was hoping for a picture lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hell no dh would ever wear them and I wouldn't want him too

AMR320
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Hell No to both!!!! He also would never wear skinny jeans or pink and I am glad. I sure hope these "fashion trends" die soon becayse there are way too mant people wearing this crap that really should bot be. I need eye bleach everytime I leave my house!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM
This. Lol

He barely likes boxer briefs!

Quoting Fields456:

Hell no dh would ever wear them and I wouldn't want him too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SNA
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Same

Quoting momdoes:

LOL..........my dh said no fucking way would he wear them! And no, I dont want him to!!!!!!!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Nope.  I do not even wear leggings so my guy wouldnt be.

loveabi
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Just no lol
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM

My husband when we were teens took my spandex bike shorts and wore them - under his basektball shorts..

it was sorta the fashion back back then LOL

SO STUPID

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)