Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moms that decorate a Christmas tree

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:49 AM
  • 111 Replies

Do you do a theme for your tree? 

I've been putting a tree up for several years now, and this was the first year I've heard there's supposed to be themes. Hell, my tree is pretty, IMO. But there is in no way a theme! It's a ton of ornaments from when I was little till now, some fake flowers, pine cones I decorated, and lights. We've got everthing from The Lady and the Tramp to Coorse Light ornaments. What "theme" is your tree? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemonaghan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM
We dont have a theme
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrientalLily
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a white tree with pastel, Victorian style ornaments. I like it. But growing up we always had a real tree with a mishmash of ornaments collected over the years. I loved that tree too. I still have those ornaments. I try to incorporate some of theses into my new tree. Hell, I may just go back to how I used to do it if I get sick of this white tree.

Either way, I adore Christmas, and love decorating trees...
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM
I usually do a color theme. This year we did red and white.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by Cyndi on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We do red & silver. There are always a few handmade ornaments from dd too, but mostly red & silver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM
1 mom liked this
No theme. Just the collection of ornaments that grew every year with colorful lights n this year Garland. Dh loves Garland on Christmas trees so I agreed he could have it lol. It actually looks nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prdmomnarmywife
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
No I just bought what was pretty and we hung it up :) I had ds make some ornaments too . I've never heard of of had a theme , I think it's just another way to make money & be snobby lol
SOCO101
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

No theme. Just the collection of ornaments that grew every year with colorful lights n this year Garland. Dh loves Garland on Christmas trees so I agreed he could have it lol. It actually looks nice.

We usually have Garland too, but this year I got the lights up. Then dd and dh put the ornaments on. When they were finished I realized..oopps! We forgot the garland!

CafeMom Tickers
unspecified42
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:25 AM
My grandmother gives us hallmark ornaments every year, and my mother gets them for my son. So we hang those and the various others that we've collected over the years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimetchells4
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:37 AM
My kids decorate our tree then add all the things they have made at school over the years
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Never heard of doing themes.  We just decorate it however and growing up we decorated it however.  If you were going to have alot of big parties or enter it in a contest , i can see themes but otherwise it should be homey and express your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)