Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you like what you see in the mirror? [POLL]

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: When you look in the mirror do you like what you see?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 63

View Results

Do we put too much emphasis on personal appearance? How do you approach this issue with your children?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (21-28):
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM
I like what I see. Make up. No make up. Hair done. Hair a mess. I always feel beautiful when I smile.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Yes I do.
cheerwin
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I feel beautiful when I look in the mirror with a smile and confidence.  My lover treats me like the sexiest thing in the world and my kids tell me I am pretty every day.  These little compliments help me stand tall and strut my stuff:)

D.O.E.
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

yes i do like WHO i see in the mirror, and WHAT i see ain't too bad either.

Kitschy
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I think appearance is important. Presentation is everything when it comes to making friends, getting jobs, and influencing people. that being said, I think when you feel good about yourself it shines through. Happy people are beautiful people.

forsakenjewl24
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM

we put emphisis on our kids if we are going some where nice look nice. if it's just to run errands still we dont want slobby looking kids. but we dont force them to look nice. but if they really dont match to any kind of anything yes we say go change or what are you wearing

shylynn22
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM

same here

Quoting Oceana09:

A lot of times, I do not. But I'm learning that although I may not like what I see now, I usually go back through pictures and go "OMG I was so pretty, what happened?" and then realize "Wait...I didn't think I was pretty then either" so I've learned to just look in the mirror and like it because I know eventually I'll probably look at pictures and think it anyways lol.

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Yeah, I love my crazy ditzy fake blonde ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN