Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tinsel, icicles, that stringy, silver crap!!!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM
  • 46 Replies

I hate it!

Dh loves it and asks every year to put it on our tree! I allowed it once, years ago and will not ever again!

Not only a choking hazard for our pets, but I think it is UGLY on a tree!!!!

How do you feel about them?

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine201
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not like tinsel at all its messy and I don't think it looks good at all....my husband likes it and asks every year also......I make sure I forget it every year for the last 22yrs.....haha

christina0607
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I've never used it, I think it looks just horrible. Honestly I didn't think people actually used that stuff.

I do use a tinsle and green garland to add a little sparkle.

You can kinf of see it in the back ground here

and the full tree here.

mich.el.le
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I dont like it.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM

It reminds me of the 80's because my Oma always used it. I do not like it and will not use it. Every year we had to dig out last year's tinsel that was wrapped/tangled on each branch. I hated it. I don't think it makes for a pretty tree but I can understand why some would continue the tradition :)

EbonySnow
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I have cats and if they eat it it could be very dangerous for them. I would never allow it in my house

chalisa0
by Kim on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I think it's pretty on the tree when hung correctly-one strand at a time.  BUT, it's a huge pain, it makes a giant mess and is absolutely not worth it.

mom2thebestkid
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I have a cat so no way would I have that on my tree.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM

HATE IT.  My husband likes it but I think it's tacky and my dyson vacuum hates it as well.  So no, it's not allowed on the tree.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I don't like it or the green/colored version of it at Easter. The stuff gets everywhere and it is a choking hazard for both young children & pets.

robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM

no I dont like it and I dont use it on our tree. I think it is a pian to use and put on the tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)