Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy Crap Balls Batman!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am trying to book DD's flight from Orlando, FL to Longview, TX.  She flies out 2 times a year ( summer and Christmas) and we have never had a problem with getting her a ticket.

I log onto American Airlines this morning to book her ticket.  For one thing I can't get the site to fully load. And the other?

Thay raised their prices $400 for just the one leg on her trip!  What cost me $189 last year for one way is now $580.  And her return trip is going to be $487. 

So her round trip ticket with the unaccompanied minor charge of $200 is now going to be $1267.00 plus tax.

DH is going to flip the hell out...

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Holy crap!! Is she going to see her father? Is there anyway he will pay part of it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meliec3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM

No, she is coming to see me and DH and her brothers.  She lives with her Dad (mutual agreement because their schools offer Navy ROTC and ours don't).  All costs of her traveling to Texas fall on me.   I just can't believe that prices have gone up so much..

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Holy crap!! Is she going to see her father? Is there anyway he will pay part of it?

mom2aspclboy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Ouch, that's expensive! Maybe you could try one of those travel sites or a different airline to see if you can get a better rate?

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

cheapoair.com!!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Man that sucks!! And since she's an unaccompanied minor she has to have the most direct flight right? Well I hope you have a nice visit!

Quoting meliec3:

No, she is coming to see me and DH and her brothers.  She lives with her Dad (mutual agreement because their schools offer Navy ROTC and ours don't).  All costs of her traveling to Texas fall on me.   I just can't believe that prices have gone up so much..

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Is she old enough to take a bus? Or even the train? One of you go down there and ride a bus or train back with her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punchnpie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Wooowwwww that is craziness.. Companies are getting so greedy.
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM

WOW glad i don't fly 

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Ouch that is expensive!!

Marimaru
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Definitely look elsewhere...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN