Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*TMI* but I have a question...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had my daughter a little over a month ago, the first few weeks after I had her I had my bleeding and all that good stuff but then it completely stopped. Now just this past week it has started up again but it's SO heavy! I'm going through pads like crazy and it doesn't seem like it wants to slow down! Before I started all this bleeding I was having period like cramps...

Is this just my first period after having the baby and it's just really heavy, or is it too soon to be having a period and something else might be going on?

I haven't had my 6 week check yet, it had to be rescheduled, should I wait until my appointment or is this not a common thing that I should call and see if i can get in sooner? With my previous babies it took months for me to start having a period again so I don't know what's going on!

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Call your Ob's office and the nurse will tell you what to do. Not trying to be a smart ass, I just really don't know and I wouldn't trust the opinions on here for something that could possibly be hemorrhaging of some sort. I hear it can stop and start again, but I really think you should call the office to make sure they don't want to see you.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM
I had my period the month after my daughter was born, but everyone is different so if yor bleeding that bad then call your ob office
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM

My appointment isn't until tuesday but I have to monitor my bleeding if I soak more than 1 pad an hour I need to go be seen at a hospital...not cool...so I guess I go change my pad and watch the clock and go from there. I had no idea you could get late hemorrhaging after birth! 

Lilypie - (yen6)  Lilypie - (gk1a)
                                 Lilypie - (d4Ha)

Marimaru
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I was told that my bleeding would slow down or stop, and then it would get really heavy for like 24 hours and then back off again.

If yours is more than that, or you are soaking a pad in less than an hour, you should call your doctor.

trishasjunebug
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

My bleeding was pretty normal after having the baby and then it stopped a few weeks later completely and just started up again and he's over a month old now. I just don't think I've ever bled this heavy before that's why I wasn't sure if it was my first period after and it's just pretty heavy or if I could be hemorrhaging or something and that scares me...

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I would call and get checked out,  you may be doing too much. Did you pick up something heavy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)