Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Too much? Too little?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM
  • 20 Replies
Packing the hospital bag. I packed:

4 blankets

2 are thin receiving blankets

1 is a thicker receiving blanket

1 is a soft fluffy blanket ill use to cover him up to take him home.

5 pairs of pants

Some are longer than others

2 jackets with hoods

8 onesies

I have no clue how big or little baby will be..

I think it's too much.. Maybe I should cut it down to the two outfits that go with the little jackets? One is a 0-3 one is a 3 month size.

With my first we knew he would be small, we planned for a 9 lb baby got a 7 pound baby. That was 3 years ago.. So all the clothes fit and I only needed the one onesie I grabbed as my ex rushed me to pack :/

I'm nervous...

Edit: ok so after a few posts I cut it down. 2 outfits one with an extra pair of pants. And a few extra onsies. And 2 blankets, the travel blanket and a thick receiving blanket in case it's cold. Grabbed the long horn pacifiers too.

I haven't even packed for me yet but just talking about all this is makin me feel alot better. Thanks ladies so much. I'm nervous. I have a c section Monday because I was previous c section and my Ob gave me a choice on labor or c section because my internal scar is under strain right now. I chose c section because this is my last baby and I need to be here for both.

Thank you all. Ill make sure to grab diapers and wipes too just in case. And I'm picking up a small pack of pads for me because I'm not sure if ill bleed post partum or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Oh I also packed the neck support pillow and seat belt covers for the car seat...
mom2camy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM
It sounds like a lot to me but whatever you're comfortable with is what you should do. Good luck and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I keep packing and unpacking.. I cut out a few of the pants and onesies.. I think it's last min nerves making me go crazy honestly..

Quoting mom2camy:

It sounds like a lot to me but whatever you're comfortable with is what you should do. Good luck and congratulations!
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM

It was my experience in my hospital that

1.  They had blankets at the hospital.  I used the hospital ones until it was time to take him home.
2.  They had these onsie shirt things that made diaper changes and all very easy.  I only took 1 warm outfit that was a 0-3.  0-3 should be big enough, unless you've got like a 15 pound baby.  Even my 10 pounder fit in a 0-3.  Newborn ones are the ones that might be too small.
3.  I took my longest pants, and just rolled them up if they were too long.  Most of the time I had to wear the gown so they could check on me anyways.  (I did bring my own gown.)

I don't know.  What matters most is what you are comfortable with.  But it might help if you called the hospital to find out what they provide for those first few days. 

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM

That's a ton of clothes for the baby. I brought one outfit & she wore hospital clothes the whole time.  

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to bring diapers. I figured with a 20grand bill they could throw in a few huggies. My mil had to go buy a pack for us.  

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I took the outfit her picture was taken in plus 3 footie pajamas. I had a csection so we were there for 3 days. Pack light, remember your husband or SO can always run home to pick something up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2camy
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I'm sure everything will be great, and it is always better to be over prepared than not prepared enough! Did you pack pacifiers? When my dd was born I had packed like 4 different types of pacifiers and I'm glad I did cause she wound up only taking one kind! :-)

Quoting Sparkyfire:

I keep packing and unpacking.. I cut out a few of the pants and onesies.. I think it's last min nerves making me go crazy honestly..

Quoting mom2camy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM
What? I never heard of that. Both hospitals I had my kids, they even sent me home with a pack of pampers.

Quoting momma-flynn:

Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to bring diapers. I figured with a 20grand bill they could throw in a few huggies. My mil had to go buy a pack for us.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM

When I got in to the post partum room the nurse was asking for my diapers. I was like "huh?" She said that we had to supply our own.  

Quoting Paperfishies:

What? I never heard of that. Both hospitals I had my kids, they even sent me home with a pack of pampers.

Quoting momma-flynn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)