Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hide the presents?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM
  • 95 Replies
So where do you hide the Xmas presents?

We put ours in my bils basement. Not only would they not look there, but really ....how could they, lol. I wrap things as I get them and then dh takes them over . It makes Xmas eve hell....but there's no chance of eyes seeing anything.

When I was little my parents rented a storage unit, it was quite clever. We never figured it out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VarelaClan
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Well my kids only get one big Santa gift. The rest are from us. The big ones this year were bought online and shipped directly to my parents since we'll be visiting them for Christmas. The others I wrap as I get them and put them under the tree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aurora-Dove
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

We have them hidden in our bedroom closet. DS is to young to know the difference, and SD is only here on weekends. Neither of them are allowed in our room without us so no chance they are seeing anything.

kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Our first child is due in a few weeks (yay!) so we don't have to hide anything yet.  But, I suspect we'll hide them in my closet, the crawl space or the gun safe.

itsm3
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

xmas gifts from mom and dad and to others are already under the tree. gifts from santa are in a bag, wrapped in dh's shop downstairs.

forsakenjewl24
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:54 PM

we keep them in the car till i wrap them later that night. so the pile under the tree grows gradually. kids like to see that.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Some things are in closet, some in my hiding bin but a lot is in my trunk. Tomorrow I need to clear it out, I'll probably put them in the garage. DH's Corvette is parked there for the winter so no one goes.in there and there are good hiding spots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I miss the days when they were young. They are 12,8 and 7..... and at times home without us, so closets don't work anymore.

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

We have them hidden in our bedroom closet. DS is to young to know the difference, and SD is only here on weekends. Neither of them are allowed in our room without us so no chance they are seeing anything.

christina0607
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM
All gifts come from Santa for us, so nothing under the tree at all until they wake up Xmas morning.

Quoting VarelaClan:

Well my kids only get one big Santa gift. The rest are from us. The big ones this year were bought online and shipped directly to my parents since we'll be visiting them for Christmas. The others I wrap as I get them and put them under the tree.
sucker4myloves
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Ha, good thinking. My bedroom closet still suits, he can't move his bed away from the door yet :) He's tried, bless him.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Aurora-Dove
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM

LOL yeah, SD is 7 and it would be more difficult if she were with us all the time, but we only have her weekends and some weekdays. DS isn't even 2 yet and we've done most of our christmas shopping with him with us lol. he doesn't know the difference yet haha.

Quoting christina0607:

I miss the days when they were young. They are 12,8 and 7..... and at times home without us, so closets don't work anymore.

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)