Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why in the heck is honey boo boo popular?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 31 Replies

Can anyone answer me that? As far as I know she is a pagent toddler and has her own show. Why I dont know. I have no clue why she is so popular she is a overweight, rude, obnoxious child who needs some serious discipline! My dh and I were flipping through the channels one night and landed on the show Dr Phil who was having a conversation with Honey Boo Boo and her so called mother and Honey Boo Boo was being totally rude and acted like she was asleep by faking snoring and then started hitting people. Five minutes of that show was all we could take and my dh and I agreed that that child needs some serious spanking because her behavior was uncalled for. And I am not one to judge a person by their weight but Honey Boo Boo and her so called mother need to seriously go on a diet. I mean their is overweight and then there is morbidly overweight. And they are morbidly overweight. I just dont get how a family like that and a child who behaves like that winds up being so popular that they have their own freaking show and everyone talks about her. The last time I was this confused was when the two major sluts with tons of cash Paris Hilton and that other girl got so popular. So can anyone tell me why she is so popular?????

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMR320
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM
No freaking clue! I have only ever seen a preview of her show and knew right away that I could never watch it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Because some people enjoy watching TRASH on tv. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM
It makes me sick. The whole family.
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It's funny, it's attention grabbing. People like shows about hilbillies. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:27 AM

They make fun of themselves many times.  The child has her own charm and i am sure she gets rewarded for acting so outrageous on live tv.  Since you didnt watch the actual show you wouldnt know they did do dieting and healthier eating for awhile.

touchingstars
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Well they are white trash, and the eating of road kill deer was too fucking much...
holls2188
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:16 AM
I dont like the show myself but from what I would guess its her crazy personality shes an interesting little character!!!
MamaCourtney617
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:20 AM

I ask the same thing every time I hear about that show.  They are obnoxious and have no manners. 

SOCO101
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Quoting touchingstars:

Well they are white trash, and the eating of road kill deer was too fucking much...

Lmao! If we hit a deer, we get it and eat it. But yea, I know what your talking about..

I like the show. At first I was just like you. Even though I do know some ppl that remind me a whole lot of this lot, this show annoyed the hell out of me. Then it grew on me. Poor honey boo boo. This child does need to learn some manners, I won't argue there. Her over the top attitude is what makes her so popular. It's like a train wreck, you don't wanna watch but you can't turn your head.

CafeMom Tickers
touchingstars
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:28 AM
I tried to give it a chance...it's not for me

Quoting SOCO101:

Quoting touchingstars:

Lmao! If we hit a deer, we get it and eat it. But yea, I know what your talking about..

I like the show. At first I was just like you. Even though I do know some ppl that remind me a whole lot of this lot, this show annoyed the hell out of me. Then it grew on me. Poor honey boo boo. This child does need to learn some manners, I won't argue there. Her over the top attitude is what makes her so popular. It's like a train wreck, you don't wanna watch but you can't turn your head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN