Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

A little background first. My dh and I are separated and he has the kids for now because of some personal issues unti around the 22nd of January.  I am allowed to see the kids as much as I want and my dh and I are very friendly.

Now my problem and question.

I currently live with my sister in a town that is about 30 mins away from the town where my kids live.  I also work in the same town where my kids live.  My dh has been paying all my gas since we separated in June becase I didn't have a job until a week ago.  He has stated that he can no longer afford to pay for my gas to go back and forth between the two towns.  I can't afford anything at this time because I just started my job.  The neighbor who lives 2 houses away from my dh and kids has offered to let me stay with her again(I stayed there right after we seperated)  The problems I am having making  a decision is that my sister's roomate and I have gotten pretty close(not romantically) and he is planning on moving in with me when I am able to get my own place towards the beginning of Feb. Also, my sister's place is NASTY....it smells like cat poo and pee really bad and she and her fiancee are lazy slobs, so there are dishes not done all the time unless I do them.  there is trash everywhere from where they don't clean up after themselves.  I do not live like that.  The problem with my neighbor's is that I won't have much privacy at all since the room is just a sectioned off space in the basement and her dd and her so have to walk through it to get to their room....also my neighbor and her kids steal things and I will be gone at work all day M, W, F and then seeing my kids when I can( as much as I can)

What would you do....would you move in with my dh's no privacy stealing neighbor or stay with my nasty, far away sister?   Thank you!

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I would move closer to my kids. My kids would be my top priority.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Sounds as though each living situation is less than ideal...go with the option of being close to your kids, that is the top priority.

ashleigh24
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Defiantly closer to the kids. They would be my first priority!!!! Good luck with your decision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
This is a no brainer...I would be near my kids. I don't care if I had to live in a dumpster to do so.
RobinBright
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM

No brainer, stay closer to the kids. 

Snapdragon88
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Yup.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I would move closer to my kids. My kids would be my top priority.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Move near the kids hands down.
ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Kids.....

mamapicklemjp
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Thanks everyone....you all said what I was already feeling, I just wanted someone else to say it was the best decision. 

mom2aspclboy
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I'd move closer to the kids & invest in a footlocker with a sturdy lock or even a plastic tub (or two) with holes drilled in the handles for Masterlocks to keep sticky fingers out...basically, whatever you can find that you can lock your stuff up in while you are gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN