Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new member with sad child

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm heavk1. I am living with my parents now because my sister changed the locks on them when they came here to get the house ready to sell and I came here to help them and ended up staying. Anyway, I am having a hard time because we live far from everything, but there is a new family within 3 miles from us that goes to our church and has a few children. My son and I were excited that he could have some friends from church nearby to play with. I visited them personally and then at church I asked them for their phone number and asked them if I could bring my son over to play or they could bring their children over to our house to play because our house is on the way into town. I asked several times and each time they told me that they would call me. After 5 months I have given up and my son is devestated, not wanting to even go to church. For more than 5 months he has been asking if he could go over to play. What do I tell him? I wish that these people would tell me why. Before I came here 5 1/2 months ago I taught children at church and I had a job working for a well known family taking care of their foster children, their 2 children, and cleaning their house. I was a very trusted person, so I wish these people would tell me something because I have no answer to give my son as to why he can't play with church friends. Now, another thing has occured, for years I was away from the family drama and away from my family, so the family who my 9 yr old son knows, like my brother, sends my parents gifts for Christmas. My mom has my son put them under the Christmas tree and my son is devastated because they send my parents gifts and nothing for him! I assured him that I love him and God loves him! What can I do for him?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I would look elsewhere for companions to connect with.  Perhaps a youth group outside of church would be better.   DD is 6 and rarely gets to play with other children outside of school.

CrimsonRadiance
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Um... You could Buy him a gift? I don't know... I am still trying to process what you wrote. It jumps around a lot..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pittiesmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I would suggest connecting with other moms through his school. Does he have friends at school? Maybe join a club or sports team?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM
Honestly if you would have invited me over I wouldn't have gone or had you over. Even if you were well known and a church member. Mainly for safety. Have you tried asking her to meet up at a mall, arcade, kid restaurant, zoo, even the park...??? Maybe she feels akward about home visits this soon. And when you invite her start off with if you don't have plans on this day we will be here and at this time, it would be great for you and your son to join us since my son wants to play with yours....

As far as the gifts. Explain that no one should ever expect gifts. And that also no one its obligated to give gifts to anyone. At least that's how I feel I don't know if people just expect gifts in your fam. But I know most teach their kids to not expect gifts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gwynyth
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:45 AM

So sorry!!! You guys should still go to church and make other friends! God bless!!

heavk1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Thank you. I'm trying to meet his friends at school and their parents. People would look down on me if I were to pick up a cigaretter and smoke it, but it's ok for them to do this to a child. I just visited a woman who I met in the store who I found out use to go to our church, but the family who never calls did the same thing to her family, so I told her that I would call her and come visit her. It was nice. I'm not sure what to tell my son about my family though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)