Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haltom City, near Fort Worth Texas, school on lockdown**

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee holding my dd. Breaking news interrupted the broadcast saying that Birdville Elem school is on lockdown with reports that someone has been seen with a gun near the school. This is a school very near Fort Worth, Texas.

You know, even if this is a stupid prank from some fools who think it's funny to call this in, I am just really concerned about schools now. What the hell is wrong with American people? I really hope this is a prank and there is no gunman around the school. If it is real and anyone gets hurt, I will just have a breakdown. This is becoming too much to handle.

juggling

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Good grief....probably just another kid thinking its funny. (ps not good idea to say anything wrong with America people really don't like that on here )

do11face
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I live in Keller school district. So, right down the road.
I'm hoping it's nothing serious and they are just being super cautious.

wildlilacs
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM
There was a lockdown at a school in San Antonio, TX, yesterday. Nothing happened, though. A threating call of some sort.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Well you know, I am beginning to think there is something "off" with American society and gun control, etc..I mean, all these threats and shootings, seriously? I guess I am in a hormonal, hopeless mood today. But I will say, even though I am pissed off, I love America and will never leave! lol

Quoting D.O.E.:

Good grief....probably just another kid thinking its funny. (ps not good idea to say anything wrong with America people really don't like that on here )

juggling

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I sure hope it's nothing.  I live in Lewisville, north of Dallas.  FW is way too close for comfort!  

smalltowngal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I think people are going to call if they see someone carrying a gun with in a mile of a school for a while. Considering it's Texas, that will probably happen a lot since so many people carry guns in the open. 

ChelseaLDD
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 AM
There were several of these lockdowns across the country yesterday for the same reason. I'm thankful police are taking all "potential copycats" and threats extremely seriously. Unfortunately, I don't see these lockdowns lessening this week. People are too stupid and crave attention.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Copy cats are almost guaranteed. I am relieved to see the schools react even if it's a prank.

do11face
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I've lived here my entre life and have never seen someone just openly walking around with a gun, personally.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think people are going to call if they see someone carrying a gun with in a mile of a school for a while. Considering it's Texas, that will probably happen a lot since so many people carry guns in the open. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I also, have never seen anyone with a gun in Texas. I think some people have a scewed idea about Texas. If they have a gun, it's concealed, not just walking down the street with it. Lol..

Quoting do11face:

I've lived here my entre life and have never seen someone just openly walking around with a gun, personally.

Quoting smalltowngal:

juggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)