Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This feels right

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 1 Replies

My boyfriend told me yesterday that he loves me. I told him several months ago and it's been weighing on me heavily that he didn't feel the same way. I even began to doubt my own emotions. If he didn't feel this way about me, maybe I was just in lust as well. But when he finally said those words, I realized it felt different than any relationship I've ever had in my life. It felt real, genuine. I've never understood before now but I look back to other men I've told those special words to and I realize that I never truly meant it with him. I remember exactly how I felt after saying those words when I didn't mean them, even thought at the time, I thought I did. I realize now that I've only loved one other man in my life.

I remember with the others feeling uneasy and like it was forced or manufactured. It's not like that with B. Even when we're in heated debates and I disagree heavily with him, being together is easy and natural. We just laugh it off and move on to the next subject. I'm not left with questions or resentment. He actually makes me think, "Hmm, maybe I'm wrong" which honestly doesn't happen to me very often.

I don't know what the point of this is. I don't mean to be so mushy and sentimental. It's just that this feels real and right and I've never experienced that kind of relationship before.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM

That's awesome that he said it too! So glad you are happy!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)