• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old is tired all the time and I'm starting to get worried.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

He is 2 1/2 and he has always been a very hyper and active kid. He never sits down to watch a movie or anything like that and getting him to take a nap is a major fight.

Well, for the last 2-3 weeks he has been really tired all the time, wanting to sleep and lay down off and on throughout the day. And when he is awake he just sits on the couch, sucking his thumb while he watches TV and looking like he is about to fall asleep. He still plays some... but not nearly as much as he used to.

At first, I didn't think much of it because the tiredness seemed to start right when they (he has a twin sister) got a bad cold so I thought he was just tired because he was sick. But now they've been over the cold for at least a week and he is still just very sleepy all the time. And he is sleeping good at night so that's not it. He goes to bed by 9 and sleeps all night with no interruptions.

He has also been getting really bad bruises all over his legs. He has Von Willebrands disease which is a blood clotting disorder so it is normal for him to bruise easy BUT it has been much worse the last couple of weeks.

Of course, I always think the worst so my mind is going through all these things that could be wrong with him like CANCER. I'm sure that is probably not it but I am just getting really worried.  I called the doctor's office today and made him an appointment for tomorrow. I'm sure they will do bloodwork to see what is up but I'm kind of scared to even find out. He is just not acting like himself at all.

Anyone else go through this? What did it turn out to be?

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM

BUMP!

Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

BUMP!

skittlebeans88
by Traci on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Have you talked to his pedi? I'm not sure what could be wrong, maybe his cold isn't completely gone and that's why?

Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm taking him tomorrow.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Have you talked to his pedi? I'm not sure what could be wrong, maybe his cold isn't completely gone and that's why?

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

smalltowngal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Maybe he's anemic espcially with the bruising getting worse.

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd is often tired for an extended time after being sick, maybe he just needs a while to bounce back.  I hope you find answers and everything is okay.

Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM

BUMP!

barefootncrazy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
No clue but I hope it nothing serious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunternChase
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Hugs.. Hope you find what's going on tomorrow.. Try not to worry until there is a need to worry.. Hugs momma!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)