• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

....not that anyone here cares, but I need to do my own little celebration.  Just finished a semester long paper --- final count = 25 pages, single spaced.....10,657 words.  SOOOOOOOO happy that is done and I never have to think about it again!!!

dancing

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdensMommy1107
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!! I know how much that sucks. What was it on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW! Good for you! Seriously, that sounds horrible

one_on_the_way
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

It was a case study for a Guidance of Children and Adolescence class.  I had to observe one child and write 50 anecdotal records throughout the semester -- I then had to evaluate the child's physical, cognitive and social-emotional development based on my records.  I had to discuss difficult moments observed in the child and suggest ways to help the child through those moments.  Had to apply a developmental theory to the child and link the theory to my records.  And finally, had to write a one page 'first person summary' of the child, as though I was the child describing himself.

Sigh.  Glad it's done!

AdensMommy1107
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
That sounds pretty interesting. What is your major? Did you choose a child related to you or was he school assigned or something?

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

It was a case study for a Guidance of Children and Adolescence class.  I had to observe one child and write 50 anecdotal records throughout the semester -- I then had to evaluate the child's physical, cognitive and social-emotional development based on my records.  I had to discuss difficult moments observed in the child and suggest ways to help the child through those moments.  Had to apply a developmental theory to the child and link the theory to my records.  And finally, had to write a one page 'first person summary' of the child, as though I was the child describing himself.

Sigh.  Glad it's done!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM

YAY! I ALWAYS enjoyed writing papers and used to write them for others for a small fee :) 

ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM

woo hoo great job!!!!!! :)

one_on_the_way
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My major is Family Life Education (a branch of Family & Consumer Science, but it is focused on educating families in communities, not students in middle schools).  

I was required to observe a child who attended the on-campus 4-K preschool.   Some of my classmates who plan to work more directly with adolescents observed in places like The Boys and Girls Club or the YMCA teen center.

My main interest is parent education for parents of children birth to five, so it worked out nicely to observe at the on-campus preschool. 

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

That sounds pretty interesting. What is your major? Did you choose a child related to you or was he school assigned or something?

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting AdensMommy1107:

Sigh.  Glad it's done!

one_on_the_way
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quoting MichelleSw:

YAY! I ALWAYS enjoyed writing papers and used to write them for others for a small fee :) 

I actually don't mind writing papers or researching topics, however I'm horrible when it comes to procrastination --- it's like I can't quite foster the focus I need until I am very close to the deadline --- then I crank out "A" papers....but, I stay awake all night to do it!  I wish I didn't thrive on the pressure b/c it would be so much less stress if I could get the focus I need early on to do a little at a time.  

Only one semester left to go! 

MichelleSw
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting MichelleSw:

I actually don't mind writing papers or researching topics, however I'm horrible when it comes to procrastination --- it's like I can't quite foster the focus I need until I am very close to the deadline --- then I crank out "A" papers....but, I stay awake all night to do it!  I wish I didn't thrive on the pressure b/c it would be so much less stress if I could get the focus I need early on to do a little at a time.  

I procrastinate as well. I do them same exact thing. I suppose, we work better under pressure!  One semester? Good deal & good luck!

one_on_the_way
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting MichelleSw:

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting MichelleSw:

I procrastinate as well. I do them same exact thing. I suppose, we work better under pressure!  One semester? Good deal & good luck!

Now I have the song "Under Pressure" in my head (and the movie Happy Feet Two).  

Thanks!  I'm a little crazy and am applying for a Master's Program (Marriage and Famiily Therapy)....but one semester left of my Bachelor's is AWESOME.  It has been a loooooong road!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)