• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attention Girl Scout Moms

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

I saw this on facebook and wanted to share.

Girl Scouts affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy

As more details have emerged about the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Girl Scouts of Connecticut is saddened to learn that eight Girl Scout Daisies and sons of two Girl Scout families have died as a result of the shootings. We are devastated by these losses and will keep the families in our hearts.

Many sister Girl Scouts have asked what they can do to help. Currently, Girl Scouts of Connecticut is planning a memorial service with the Newtown Service Unit in mid-January. At that time, we will be presenting thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes on trefoil art. If you or any of your troops would like to participate, please send these trefoils to our Hartford Service Center, c/o Trefoil Project, 340 Washington St. Hartford, CT 06106.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Aww. That's horrible. DD has another year before she can be a Daisy but DS is a tiger scout.
We prayed for them in our pack meeting last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkmami6
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

So sad :( My DD is a cadet here in Florida and I know she was deeply saddened by what happened on Friday. Her troop along with their sister jr, brownie and daises group will be seeing this and I am sure the troop leaders will love to do something like that.

graciesnycmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I am sure that they are thankful for the prayers.  I can't imagine what their troop leader feels because 8 girls is a huge portion of the troop.  So sad. We've been praying every night.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Aww. That's horrible. DD has another year before she can be a Daisy but DS is a tiger scout.

BraydensMama163
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I know :(
That's so horrible.

Quoting graciesnycmama:

I am sure that they are thankful for the prayers.  I can't imagine what their troop leader feels because 8 girls is a huge portion of the troop.  So sad. We've been praying every night.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AccessoryChic
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This makes this tragedy hit even closer to my heart. I am a life time Girl Scout member, started when I was a daisy, and am a co-leader with my mom of 2 troops. I keep praying for everyone hat this has affected.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)