Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! DH just called me to tell me....

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 24 Replies

That his work is not going to schedule him for the ENTIRE month of January because I am due January 20th! I AM SOOOOOO PISSED! They dont want any problems with scheduling. After the 5 years that he has put into both of their stores they treat him like this.  Im 36 weeks...I could have the baby next week...or now. Or I could have him almost in Feb. They have a LARGE staff. Im sure they could figure it out but the managers suck.

Money is already tight. We had unforseen set backs after I got pregnant and now this. I cant handle anymore stress! And my poor DH. They are treating him like shit after all he has done.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Can they legally do that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Wow that's messed up. Can he call in and get hours if he wants?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM

yes...he can fill in when needed.

Quoting mstricey:

Wow that's messed up. Can he call in and get hours if he wants?

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I dont know. They have him working just under full time

Quoting Mom2five87:

Can they legally do that?

baquick
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Well in a way that's kinda nice. He doesn't have to scramble to get his shift covered or worry about not being there in time if you have a quick labor. But from the money aspect- that sucks! Is able to use FMLA to secure his position? Or vacation pay? Sick pay? Anything like that?
Motherwannabe12
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think they can legally do that. They cannot punish him for the impending delivery. Emergencies happen all the time, they need to prepare a little better. Can he go to anyone above the managers? Is there any corporate personnel that he can go to? This is blatant discrimination.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

he works just under full time so he gets nothing. They dont want him to leave, we arent worried about that.

Quoting baquick:

Well in a way that's kinda nice. He doesn't have to scramble to get his shift covered or worry about not being there in time if you have a quick labor. But from the money aspect- that sucks! Is able to use FMLA to secure his position? Or vacation pay? Sick pay? Anything like that?

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM

he may be able to talk to one of the managers. The stores are city owned...so IDK . He works just under full time so he doesnt have anything.

Quoting Motherwannabe12:

I don't think they can legally do that. They cannot punish him for the impending delivery. Emergencies happen all the time, they need to prepare a little better. Can he go to anyone above the managers? Is there any corporate personnel that he can go to? This is blatant discrimination.

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Thats so not right!

tinasfriend
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:29 PM
I would recommend contacting the local labor department (or wharever you call it in your area).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)