Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess there won't be any present under the tree for my little brother :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 90 Replies
I posted about how my mom had absolutely no money to buy my little brother a Xmas present. I decided to buy his present and make it from Santa. He wanted either a ps3 system or a pair of skates that are professional grade skates that are $200. I ordered the skates because he wanted them more and they were the cheaper of the two and I already had not budgeted for this. Well I just got a call and they said the skates are on back order till sometime in January or feb. even though they promised me it would be here before Christmas. They have a no refund policy only a exchange policy. What would you do? I can't afford to go spend another $300 on a ps3 system and the game he wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM
8 moms liked this

Get a picture of the skates and wrap that.

preemiemommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Print off a picture of it and wrap it. Tell him how sorry you are they aren't in yet, but this is what he will be getting as soon as thy are available! Maybe get him a little something else to open to have until then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:48 PM
This, he'll understand

Quoting christina0607:

Get a picture of the skates and wrap that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM
just tell him they will be there after christmas ya know gifts dont have to be opened on christmas right? how old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Well, I like the picture idea.

I would have given the company an earful. IMO, a no refund policy is only valid if they keep up their end of the deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Wrap up a picture of the skates and let him know they are coming. Then I would get him a few small things just so he has something.
HeathersForever
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM
How old is he? I would say something like yeah the elves could get your skates on time the ones you wanted, but they are on their way! And include a picture. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM
He is 13 and I know everyone else will be opening their gifts that day do it wouldn't be fair to make him wait

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

just tell him they will be there after christmas ya know gifts dont have to be opened on christmas right? how old is he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Call you credit card company and dispute the charges. They have to give you your money back if they can't ship the product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM
im sure he will understand make him something if you are so worried about it.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

He is 13 and I know everyone else will be opening their gifts that day do it wouldn't be fair to make him wait

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)