Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My husband comes home with a gift bag from work and he usually gets a card along with a check. We usually use some of it for bills and our kids christmas. We also get a few gifts for ourselves. He is going through the goodie bag and says Im not supposed to give you any of this but Ill give you $500 to put toward the kids christmas. I just kinda looked at him but I didnt say anything. This check was $3000 and he only makes $1000 a month. I always have to scrimp all year to make ends meet. He absolutely refuses to let me go to work. I have been crying all morning. I dont know if this is his words or thiers. My feelings are hurt more by what he said than the money.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I am confused why your upset,I would love to have that amount of Money.

got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this
i get what youre saying, that would hurt my feelings too. maybe you could sit him down and say "honey that statement you said earlier has been weighing on my mind, did you say you werent supposed to give me any of that money because they said not to, ot because you didnt want to? i was a little confused and dont wanna get my feelings hurt over nothing, please clarify for me a little. it would hurt my feelings if yousaid it because you didnt think i deserved any of OUR money" and see what he says. just remain calm and try to decipher exactlyw hat he meant. good luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I'm sorry you are upset.  Are you sure he wasn't joking.  If the money was a gift from work (or somewhere else) they can't tell him how to spend it or who to give it to.

Quoting missourimommy81:

He works part time for a ranch where we live. They have alot of money. They pay him $1000 a month to mow and weedeat during the summer. He does this 2x a month.He hurt my feelings when he said Im not supposed to give you any of this money. I felt like it was a slap in the face, like I dont deserve any. I dont care about the money. I guess its complicated.

turtle07
by Rhiannon on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Huh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM
13 moms liked this

He keeps her home to cook and clean and raise the kids. he gets 3000 dollars and instead of putting it into the household finances he keeps 2500 for himself and gives her 500 for the kids.

She's crying because she's married to a jerk off.

Quoting _WC_Mama:

I am confused why your upset,I would love to have that amount of Money.

Aivlys_
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
From what I gather... You don't have access to $$.. umm... Don't let yourself! Smh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missourimommy81
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Quoting norahsmommy:

Do you not have access to money? What is going on? Are you involved in the family budget or does he just hand you an allowance.

Yes I have to pay all the bills. He will not put it in the bank,he will just spend it. He doesnt give me an allowance. I pay the bills and I pay for his stuff on our debit card.
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Maybe they told him not to share? A crap move if you ask me. He should be able to use some if the money for himself, but not that much!! Talk to him and tell him that he needs to fork over the cash so you can pay your bills or let you work outside of the home.
Mrs.wilcox01
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM
O o
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting missourimommy81:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Do you not have access to money? What is going on? Are you involved in the family budget or does he just hand you an allowance.

Yes I have to pay all the bills. He will not put it in the bank,he will just spend it. He doesnt give me an allowance. I pay the bills and I pay for his stuff on our debit card.

So, he maks the money - puts it into the bank and you pay all the bills from there.

I say you start cutting back - I dont care what you have to do - dont use detergent when you wash his clothes, give him less food, whatever.

cut back and save that money on your own.

Then leave the asshole.

He's keeping you like a servant. he has no right to demand you not work. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)