Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any threats at schools around your area?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 22 Replies

My friend on FB just posted that there was rumors going around her town that highschoolers were bringing guns to school on Friday because of the end of the world and are going to the local elementary schools. They even had to have cops intereview the students and are taking extra precautions. I'm just so annoyed with the end of the world crap. Whether this is a joke or not, it's just sick. Her question was : Would you keep your kids home on Friday after hearing this?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

There is no school here on Thursday or friday. We start wnter break.

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Not that I'm aware of.  I don't pay a lot of attention to the public school news anymore though.  I'm not worried about the school that my 14 y/o goes to.

scoleman828
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Not for Friday but, yesterday a HS student here wrote on the bathroom wall "on 12-18-12, I will shoot 12 kids"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I'm not sure but I know we have officers in EVERY public school in my city. I'm in RI

krista778
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Nope, business as usual here

Mommynwife26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM

My kids don't have school friday, winter break. I would probably keep them home if they didn't

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

My children's winter break starts Thursday,therefor they have no school on Friday...

I have not heard of any threats going around at our school's.

GoddessAnna
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM

My kids won't be in school on Friday anyway: our winter break starts mid-day Thursday. However, I have trust and faith in my school and would send my boys if they had school that day.

Ashes0813
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM
There were threats in a nearby town on Friday.

http://www.ruidosonews.com/ruidoso-ruidoso_news/ci_22209902/ruidoso-school-receives-threat-same-day-newtown-conn?source=rss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
82ndairbornewif
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Los angeles public schools are on high alert they arrested someone yesterday for threats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)