Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for people on FS?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

My sister called and told me that the interview for the recertification has changed. She said you have to call a 1 866 # now, stay on the line almost a hour before anybody comes on the phone. She said they don't do the interview in the town you applied for, they made it national now. And she wants me to ask  , has this happened in your area? She called the welfare office in her area, but they act like they don't know why they changed up.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
-42-
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I've heard that they're trying to change it to over the phone recertifications so it saves time, but it's the local office. They printed an article about it in the newspaper. 

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Quoting -42-:

I've heard that they're trying to change it to over the phone recertifications so it saves time, but it's the local office. They printed an article about it in the newspaper. 

Oh okay thanks

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Here in Philly you can do rectification online, through the Compass site ... Quick and simple.

Ms.Pink.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Here, all applications are online now and they do phone interviews. But they call you at a scheduled time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:43 PM

We dont get FS but for my sons waiver they switched it to a phone interview but they call you

mommysangelface
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

hasnt chaged here

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

mamaofficer
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Here, all applications are online now and they do phone interviews. But they call you at a scheduled time.

We are the same way, maybe the change will come soon to every state.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Mine seemed like a "regional" thing. Certain part of the state called from one number. But I did the phone interview. Never did have to do a in person interview. Just scheduled a time to talk on the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)