Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you fricken serious!? Omg!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 26 Replies
I just got an email from the schools grading system and I think I'm going to fricken lose it with this teacher! Omg!! What the hell is her damn problem!? Has she never heard of siblings fighting. Of course she only hears one side not how he hits his sister or how he starts crap with her all the time!? It's not like he's a tiny kid getting picked on hes a 93 pound 8 year old hes a big damn kid! and if any hitting happens I put a stop to it. I also get on my 12 year old for being bossy with him all the time but sometimes she can say something as simple as "hey i need the computer for homework" and he gets pissed and says she's being bossy or calls her a name Oh and the subject line said "concern for Wyatt H---" concern of what!? He was trying to get out of trouble! Once he got in Trouble in 2nd grade and told the teacher he sad because his sister got to go to Starbucks and he didn't (um because he had to go to school maybe!?) the teacher was trying not to laugh when she was telling me! I am home with them all day it's not like my daughter is left in charge and why couldn't she talk to me about it not put a note in his student records? If anything comes of this I will be so damn pissed! I plan on talking to the principal today I'm not even going to bother with The teacher.
Email below
Subject "concern for w---- h----"

12/18/12 Recess Ms. J---

Student did not hear teacher say no computers during recess. Student across from him told him before and this bothered him. He yelled out "Shut your pie whole!" and teacher talked to both students.

Wyatt started to cry very hard and said he's upset because his older sister (7th grade) is bothering/hurting him at home. She calls him stupid and other names. He thinks she just recently took his dollar at home and also hits him when he gets on the computer at home or is bother by him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

What would bother me is that a teacher, the person teaching my child things, misspells "shut your pie whole"  Is that shut your whole pie?  You should mention that to the principal too.  :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

marshsmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Unless this is a recurring issue I think your over reacting a bit.  If your son is playing her and she doesn't know the details of the home life you can't really blame her for concern.  It's supposed to be part of her job, but so many teachers are scorned for giving a shit.

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Lol!!! Yeah I haven't been very happy with the teacher in the first place my kid brings home a lot of word searches and dot to dots I'm not sure what they are doing in class but it doesn't seem like much.

Quoting jillbailey26:

What would bother me is that a teacher, the person teaching my child things, misspells "shut your pie whole"  Is that shut your whole pie?  You should mention that to the principal too.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM
It's called a cya report.... As in cover your a@@ ... This way if something comes up she can claimed she reported her concern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Sounds like my nephews teacher
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

If you're concerned about her teaching or anything else, you should go to the principal.  For just the email, though, I wouldn't.  It's not really that big of a deal.  Respond back, say "Thank you for your concern" and explain the situation between brother and sister or something like that and leave it be.  Then tell your son that what happens at home, stays at home, lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Lol!!! Yeah I haven't been very happy with the teacher in the first place my kid brings home a lot of word searches and dot to dots I'm not sure what they are doing in class but it doesn't seem like much.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM
My problem is this is like a student record so now this is there in his record a much easier approach would have been to either email me directly or talk to me after school and let me know what's going on. That way her concerns can be addressed and I can let her know that he does tend to over react to things and we are working on it a better thing would have been to talk to him about how to react appropriately in class and not shouting at other students.

Quoting marshsmom:

Unless this is a recurring issue I think your over reacting a bit.  If your son is playing her and she doesn't know the details of the home life you can't really blame her for concern.  It's supposed to be part of her job, but so many teachers are scorned for giving a shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I do think its odd for an 8yo to be crying about this at school. I have an 8 yo boy and a 12 yo girl who fight all the time. My don doesn't cry at school. I personally would put a little effort into this concern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM
My main problem is the email was not to me directly if it had been no biggy I would have addressed it. But she made a not in the grading system thy use which is like a student record.

Quoting jillbailey26:

If you're concerned about her teaching or anything else, you should go to the principal.  For just the email, though, I wouldn't.  It's not really that big of a deal.  Respond back, say "Thank you for your concern" and explain the situation between brother and sister or something like that and leave it be.  Then tell your son that what happens at home, stays at home, lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM

that letter is laughable. Not for you, but that she is such an idiot. I am sorry your son got her as a teacher. Seriously, I hope your conversation with the principal goes well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)