Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebookin' Mommies, Help?!?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  • 2 Replies

I normally don't do things like this, but thanks to the holiday season, I am much more soft-hearted, than normal. On December 9th, I was on one of the Groups that I Admin on, and we received a request for a s4s (share for share) from a housewives page! Being a "housewife", I liked the page and then shared it to my own page & the page that I admin on. Today, as I was scrolling through my newsfeed, I saw a post where one of the Admins of the Housewife page had asked fans what they would like to see more of or less of...and not ONE person answered her. So, I began snooping through the page to see what kinds of likes/comments got things going and to my surprise, I saw NOTHING that seemed to spark a conversation between fans of the page. So immediately, I wondered what I could do to help. I began going through and commenting on some things, liking some things and trying to interact with the Admins and other fans as much as I could...and still, nothing. The Admins are amazing and really willing to interact with the fans --- they have a lot of things going on (games, pictures, they offer to take fan questions and repost them anonymously, etc.) and they get a few likes here and there but no communication. I know how frustrating it can be to want something like that to work out and then have it blow up in your face because the Fans/Members won't tell you what they want to see/do. I have no ties to this page, other than liking it and posting a few times here and there...but I would be thrilled if some of you who use Facebook would take a few minutes to run over and "like" their page and maybe start some interaction! Post something, message them with an anonymous question...I would be super greatful if you all would help me to help them get this page where they want to be! Maybe this sounds completely silly to some people - but I have been there and I know how it feels to feel like you have failed at something that you wanted. I know that people are busy with the holidays and all but as much as some people are on Facebook, what does it hurt to take a few seconds to like a page and comment/interact with others!

From the bottom of my heart, I hope that some of you will actually read this, understand and like the page...I will be watching for some interaction (ANY interaction at all means that someone new is on the page) and I hope that you will help them see a successful page!
Thank you to those who don't think that this is silly - and who take the time to help me make this happen!

http://www.facebook.com/MoDeRnHoUsEwIvEsoFtHeWoRlD

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mom2swtboys
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I'll check it out :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustJessica91
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Awww! Yay! I really, really apprecaite your help! This is kind of my "good deed of the day". I have watched the admins post and try to spark interest in the fans and nothing seems to help...but from past situations, I don't think they are going to get anywhere until the fans start talking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)