Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need Croup experienced Moms input ASAP

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi Moms!
For those who have experience with Croup...

This is our first go around with it. My 7yr old had it first and was out of school for a week. I got his virus in a flu/fever form but am currently doing slightly better and improving. My 11 month old is my concern. He had symptoms as of Saturday. He finally broke his fever yesterday morning and we saw the Urgent Care Doc Sunday where he prescribed Albuterol thru our Nebulizer. It got rid of the wheezing and stridor but now after being fever free for more than 24hrs his fever is back. Anyone have that happen or is this common???? I'm concerned he could be getting Pneumonia since they said that sometimes happens after Croup. He also started not eating much as of yesterday and his cough changed into something much more forceful. If he still has a temp tomorrow I'll get him into his regular PED but in the meantime what are your thoughts?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-12):
Diana_B.
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Just an update. He is doing a lot better. They did a chest X-ray and didnt see Pnuemonia and they also did a nose swab to check for Pertussis and RSV and all were negative. Whatever it was I'm glad it's gone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Yay!  Glad to hear it!  I was wondering how your little guy was doing.

When my youngest was 12 months, he had the croup so bad that he had to stay in the hospital overnight.  We went to the doctor's office 1st when he was having trouble breathing and then after the steriod shots didn't help to increase his oxygen levels, they sent us to the hospital.  Scary stuff! 

So glad your son is feeling better!!:)

Quoting Diana_B.:

Just an update. He is doing a lot better. They did a chest X-ray and didnt see Pnuemonia and they also did a nose swab to check for Pertussis and RSV and all were negative. Whatever it was I'm glad it's gone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN