Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts on this?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
So just today this lady posted on our local online garage sale page on Facebook that she couldn't afford to buy ANY gifts for her kids this Christmas and asked if anyone could help. So someone asked her what her kids need and she said the little girl needs shoes and the boy needs pajamas. So a couple people offer to get these things for her kids and bring them by. Then after thanking them she makes another comment stating her son wants a Xbox 360 but any gaming system would do. I couldn't believe it! For one thing, if you can't afford to go out and buy your daughter a pair of $10-$15 shoes or your son a pair of $10 pajamas or any gifts at all for Christmas then how the heck does she think she's going to afford $20-$60 games for her son's new Xbox that she's trying to get people to buy for her? The whole thing just really rubs me the wrong way. It almost seems like all along she was just trying to get someone to buy her an Xbox. People tried to suggest different places to go to get help but she just wasn't having it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

i'd think she's a freeloading mooch

BlessedMommyNE
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Some people actually commented about how they thought it wasn't right for her to ask for an expensive gaming system like that and she thought there was nothing wrong with it. Then she makes a comment that someone was getting the Xbox 360 for her son anyways. Like she was rubbing it in the people's face that told her they thought it was wrong.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

i'd think she's a freeloading mooch

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

i would sell my wedding ring before I asked anyone to buy stuff for my kids if I couldnt afford it.  I would get a second job, etc.

LoveOfSign
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM

it's one thing to say "hey we can't afford christmas gifts this year if anyone could help we NEED (clothes etc)".. it's another thing when you say "well now he wants an xbox"

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM

A lady got pissy because our friends got everything that they had asked for for their kids off the angel tree and her son didn't get anything, I said I was sorry and asked what she had asked for, she said a new bike, a ps3, and a digital camera. I'm like seriously? When I was a kid I was overjoyed when a got a coloring book off the angel tree.

BlessedMommyNE
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM
We actually sold some stuff this year to make sure our kids could have a good Christmas. Clothes we didn't wear anymore and I made and sold some crafts. We also start buying 2-3 moths before Christmas which helps a lot.

Quoting MixedCooke:

i would sell my wedding ring before I asked anyone to buy stuff for my kids if I couldnt afford it.  I would get a second job, etc.

BlessedMommyNE
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! I was actually going to talk to my husband about picking her kids up something and then she goes and asks for an Xbox 360 and I quickly changed my mind.

Quoting LoveOfSign:

it's one thing to say "hey we can't afford christmas gifts this year if anyone could help we NEED (clothes etc)".. it's another thing when you say "well now he wants an xbox"

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I dislike people like that,it makes me angry,

BlessedMommyNE
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
That's crazy! But I feel bad for the kids.

Quoting LucyHarper:

A lady got pissy because our friends got everything that they had asked for for their kids off the angel tree and her son didn't get anything, I said I was sorry and asked what she had asked for, she said a new bike, a ps3, and a digital camera. I'm like seriously? When I was a kid I was overjoyed when a got a coloring book off the angel tree.

LoveMyLos
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I wouldnt get her anything after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)