Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I thought I was being paranoid **2 Small Update 1/25**

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 117 Replies
There's been a car that pulls into the gravel drive we share with our neighbor every Friday. They sit there for five to ten minutes, then leave. About ten minutes later they will come back and do the same thing. This has been going on every Friday for almost two months. I finally thought to ask dh about it and he said he has no idea who it could be.

Well today I went out to the porch to check our mail and noticed they were sitting there. Both people in the car looked right at me. They backed out and left pretty fast. I couldn't make out the entire plate, I just got the last two digits. I called dh and told him that they were there again and he told me to call the cops. And of course, I didn't have the police department's number (we just moved here not too long ago). As I was trying to find the number, the people showed up again. They sat there for about ten minutes again. I finally found the pd number and called. I gave the cop all the info I had: description of the car, the last two digits of the plate, and told him that there was a yellow sticker on the top of the trunk. He said he was going to drive around and see if he could find them, but said that if I see them again to call immediately.

At first I thought maybe they were just lost. But nobody gets lost in the same place every single Friday for two months. It's just weird. And this is such a small town. We only have one police officer, so obviously he can't be patrolling 24/7.

1/25

I just ran up to the gas station to get a pop and as I was turning down our street, I saw the car again. They were parked in a driveway a few houses down. As I pulled into my driveway, I slowed down so I could get the full plate number. The car backed out of the driveway and just sat in the road until I went into the house. The driver then pulled back into the driveway and backed out 5 or 6 times. Then they came to our driveway and sat there for a few minutes before backing out and pulling back in. The driver did this another 8 times or so. I tried calling the police when I first got inside, but lost service and the call dropped. I've tried calling four more times and it's going to an automated message after two rings, but I can't leave a message. Wtf are these people doing?!? I think it's two women, but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep trying to call the cops.

Another update::::

I just got off the phone with the county sheriff. I gave him the plate number and told him what was going on. He ran the plate and said it was registered to the high school. The last two digits of the plate number are DE, which stands for Drivers Ed. And now I feel even more ridiculous. Lol. But I'm glad I finally got ahold of somebody because I was seriously freaked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

thats weird

MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Very.

Quoting baby7810:

thats weird

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ciaodarlings
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds very sketchy. I'm glad the police are alerted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

That's scary. I would keep an eye out for them again, and try to get their plate #. I'd also talk with my neighbor to see if they knew anything and I'd make sure my doors and windows were locked at all times.

You never know.

MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Yeah I think I'm going to talk to the neighbor this evening. I've never seen this car at their house, so I don't think they are friends of theirs. But my doors are always locked.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

That's scary. I would keep an eye out for them again, and try to get their plate #. I'd also talk with my neighbor to see if they knew anything and I'd make sure my doors and windows were locked at all times.

You never know.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudson.maggie
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Yeah, they probably aren't. But atleast your neighbors can keep a watch out too. Hopefully it's nothing and they're just weird lol.

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Yeah I think I'm going to talk to the neighbor this evening. I've never seen this car at their house, so I don't think they are friends of theirs. But my doors are always locked.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

You never know.

iluvsn85
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have callled after 2 times of the same person sitting in our driveway like that..
pamelax3
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM

talk to the neighbors, maybe it is a ride for someone in the house

MeghanPerez
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Nobody is home during the day. And nobody gets in/out of the car.

Quoting pamelax3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

that is very strange, I would keep calling the police every time I see the car in the are

Quoting MeghanPerez:

Nobody is home during the day. And nobody gets in/out of the car.

Quoting pamelax3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN