Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

48 and menopause hit !

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi

I feel sad this time of year,  i got pregnant in my life 3 x but had miscarriages, now just turned 48 last month and guess what, doctor told me on my birthday.. " you r going through menopause,.. u r still young... no more babies for you.. just relax and enjoy  " .. i did not tell him was my b'day that day so not to make him feel bad.. but what do i say to this ? what  a luck i have ... i get these news .. on my b'day.. what a b/day present.. am i supposed to be happy ? comfortable ? life sucks... and yet i dont understand how some women way older get pregnant ? how does that happen ?? thanks K.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Do you know women only have a certain amount of eggs and once they are gone, they are gone?   Many of the older women i have seen have recieved fertility treatments in order to become pregnant.  Do you have any actual children or did they all die in utero?  I think anyone would be sad that the child bearing stage is over.

NewMamaBoo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Not sure...maybe adopt or foster? You would be real special to help out in some kids life. Sorry ma!

khaliya
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Thanks.. no i am not int'd in adopting, if god want me to have a kid he has power to do so, if not, i am not going to adopt , i am afraid i may not be as naturally real mother as i am supposed to if if the child is not mine. k

scoutfamilyof7
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I am 38 and postmenopausal. I went into menopause 2 years ago. I was so sad when I first found out. Cried for weeks. I mean we were done having kids , but that was our choice. To have it ripped away without asking was hard. But I am so blessed for what I do have. I am sorry sweetie hang in there I understand 100%.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Oh I just re read what I wrote and feel like a heel. I am so very sorry :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)