Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the weidest, wackiest or strangest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Arwyn724
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

One mothers day my first husband got me a mop.  Yeah, he's an ex now.  In his defense, I needed a new one, but seriously?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM

One year my ex gave me doilies... like what little old ladies put on their tables.  I was pretty offended that he didn't know my taste and we'd been married two years at that point.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

This is no joke, lol. I used to collect pig knick knacks for my kitchen so my mother thought it would be hilarious if she bought petrified poop in the shape of a pig. Yep, you read that right. I got shit as a gift. I almost wish I still had it so I could snap a picture for you.

supermom.sv
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM

OP - Wow that is very Rude. 

Arwyn-  Your Ex is really insensitive. 

Quoting Arwyn724:

One mothers day my first husband got me a mop.  Yeah, he's an ex now.  In his defense, I needed a new one, but seriously?

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I got a half melted candle. My grandmas best friend was kooky but very loving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)