Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookie & fudge recipe

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
Ok ladies I need your BEST cookie or fudge recipe. I'm making them for Christmas so they've gotta be great! TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM

This one is always a huge hit at Christmas...You can roll them in colored sugars for a holiday look

http://cookinwithsuperpickle.blogspot.com/2010/12/very-best-chewy-ginger-snap-cookies.html

sarah824
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I don't have a great cookie recipe, but here is my recipe for fudge.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 5 ounce can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups tiny marshmallows
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or chopped bittersweet chocolate
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions

1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.

2. Butter the sides of a 2-quart heavy saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils (about 10 minutes). Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes.

3. Remove saucepan from heat. Add marshmallows, chocolate pieces, walnuts, and vanilla; stir until marshmallows and chocolate melt and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute.

4. Spread fudge evenly in the prepared pan. Score into squares while warm. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into squares. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Makes about 2 pounds (64 pieces). 

jonmom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)