Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just heard on the news that some states are allowing teachers to carry guns. What do you think about it?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 56 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think teachers carrying guns/have guns in the classroom is a good idea?

Options:

YES

No

I am unsure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

No rude comments please. I am very curious to see everyones' opinions. I am honestly not sure how I feel about it yet. I am going to school to become a teacher and I don't feel comfortable with having a gun in my house let alone my classroom.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM
4 moms liked this

I think its fucking awesome and about fucking time!

hudson.maggie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on the fence. I'd do anything to protect my dd from getting hurt. But there will be a chance that one of the kids could get ahold of the gun.

But* I think that having a small safe in each room with the gun inside would be ok. It should give them enough time to get the gun out when needed without having the risk of a child getting ahold of it.

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Yuuuup.

Quoting momdoes:

I think its fucking awesome and about fucking time!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM
5 moms liked this

I think they should be able to if they WANT to.  However, I think there should be 1 or more (depending on the size of the school) plain clothed person(s) that are armed and walking around the school.  People who look just like teachers or parents, but are trained to handle a situation if they need to.  We can call them glorified hall monitors, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have mixed feelings, but I think I am okay with it.

boys2men2soon
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think they should be able to if they WANT to.  However, I think there should be 1 or more (depending on the size of the school) plain clothed person(s) that are armed and walking around the school.  People who look just like teachers or parents, but are trained to handle a situation if they need to.  We can call them glorified hall monitors, lol.

I agree.

mamaeagle216
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Can't be worst than all the looney toons busting in and shooting kids. At least the teachers can fire back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I think it is a great idea for teachers who want to. I do not think it should be forced onto teachers, but if they have a concealed weapons permit and have passed the appropriate background checks for owning a gun then I think they should be able to carry at school.

Kaylawv2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I think its a good idea with the proper training and safety protocol . I wish our school system would implement this policy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this

i dont think a teacher having a gun would do a lot of good but could unintentionally do a lot of harm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)