Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sister Wives Houses

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 19 Replies

I'm watching past episodes of Sister Wives and have found the house situation interesting.  In Season 1 when they lived in Utah they lived in one big home and seemed to be close.  Since moving they seem to have drifted apart.  Now with them purchasing the houses it seems like they will 4 different families living close together.  Almost like 4 single moms and Kody just bouncing from house to house one day to the next.

Anyway, they say they want to be close and live as one big family so I don't understand why they don't get one big house.  Instead of building 4 seperate homes why not build one big home.  I was thinking about Duggars, they have one large home for their whole family to live in.  They live comfortably and have plenty of room.  The have approximately the same number of people in the family.  I just wonder why they aren't living in one big home. 

Right now I'm watching Sunday's episode where Christine is saying that she feels like they are failing as a family.  In my opinion they don't seem to have the close bond that they use to.  They do seem to be drifting apart.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
There is no way I would live like that I have only seen when they all lived together but I couldn't imagine living completely separate. How is he suppose to be a father to those kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

The house would have to be too big. to have separate living quarters for that many families....it would be ridiculous.

And no...the Duggars situation is no where near the same.

Every family goes through times when they feel they need to make changes. This family is no different.

Love060708kids
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I think that it was something with the legalities in NV.  I'm not 100% though.

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Since they live seperately now apparently he's not seeing all the kids everyday.  He'll go days without seeing some of them.  The wives say they feel like single moms.  With the plural lifestyle they are suppose to have such a big support system between him & the sister wives.  Well that is no longer the case since they live seperately.  

That's why I was wondering why they don't just build one large home like the Duggars have.  They are spending all this money building 4 seperate homes.  If they had a home like the Duggars then they could all live together and live like one family, which is what they say they want.

Quoting babyspots17:

There is no way I would live like that I have only seen when they all lived together but I couldn't imagine living completely separate. How is he suppose to be a father to those kids?

Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I want to know how they do it financially. I know they have the show, their website... But building those homes has to be in the million range. I'm happy they're all coming back together but I honestly wonder if there's more underlying issues and they think its the housing issue. We shall see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I know the Duggars aren't the same situation.....I was saying there is the same amount of people.  So if the Duggars can fit that many people comfortably in one home then they could too.  

I don't get the seperate living quarters either. They claim to be one family, why not have one kitchen with one large dining room and one family room.  Yes then each wife get their own room with a sitting room or something.  Something similar to the Dargers.  They live in one home.

Quoting christina0607:

The house would have to be too big. to have separate living quarters for that many families....it would be ridiculous.

And no...the Duggars situation is no where near the same.

Every family goes through times when they feel they need to make changes. This family is no different.

BeansandMash
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I wondered the same thing, but I bet it has something to do with financing and the lot situation. I assume (and I don't know much about how this works) that if they were building one large house it would have been financed through one large loan and I don't think they have the means to do that right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1st_time_mom789
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I agree. I think they should build one giant house like they had in UTah or like the Duggars. How is Kody supposd to be a father to all of his kids is he is bouncing to each house every couple of days. Those kids need stability.

happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM
3 moms liked this

I want to know how the hell they can AFFORD 4 seperate homes????

worwalkerlds
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I'm pretty sure they are living separately to avoid having the difficulties they faced in Utah.  They left out in the middle of the night and moved away to keep from being prosecuted for living a plural lifestyle, supposedly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)