Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

k...i get it, but just taking it away wont help.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok, look. I may or may not get backlash for this. But frankly I don't exactly care. And no, I'm not heartless and yes recent events are scary and tragic.

Putting a ban on guns or taking them ALL away from everyone will end badly. It wont help. In China a man brandishing a knife stabbed 23 little kids.

In Russia, guns are not legal. Yet its murder and crime rate is 5× higher than the U.S. point is, evil people will find other ways of causing harm and doing really messed up tragic things.

The weapons don't choose the target, the evil, messed up assailant does. Its not the weapons fault. Why don't people understand this? Taking weapons from well meaning people. Who have them to protect their families will end in disaster

A distant relative of mine once said.

That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms... --Samuel Adams

This is a truth. And this is what I believe is right. I would be more ok to make it illegal for those who have a history of evil doing, violence, extreme social or violent mental disorders from having guns or weapons of any kind.

I'm not ok with the thought of having guns taken away from all.

Just had to say it...no backlash please.

Thank you, to any and all that read this...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaughingTattoo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Guns will never be outlawed in the US...it wont happen. What should happen though is a ban on large clips, ban on ALL  semi/auto weapons, rationing of mmo, and to have a background check in order to own OR hold a gun (this means target practice, ect....)

We have a right to bear arms. We do NOT have the right to bear unreasonable arms that are used  for nothing other than destruction. You want to handle one of those guns....then do it for a reason...join the damn army or police force

mrsladyface
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree with you.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Fields456
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Guns won't ever be banned and even if they do ban assault rifles again plenty of ppl already own them ( and are stocking up on them as we speak). Not to mention it will just give the Mexican cartel something else to smuggle into the country to make money off of
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shade.lotus
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't wish to join the police force or the army. However I am a single mother. And if I want a big scary gun to only be used if mine or my sons life is in danger then I should be allowed to in the instance my place of supposed safe haven is forced entry upon. My sons life and safety are a big concern with how our government is acting and how the people of this society have been acting lately. I refuse to stand by and watch Marshall law take place. I don't believe our government really has our better interest. I'm sorry if that angers anyone. But the things I've researched are terrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsladyface
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I agree with this, too. 100%! Nothing to add, you hit the nail on the head.

Quoting shade.lotus:

I don't wish to join the police force or the army. However I am a single mother. And if I want a big scary gun to only be used if mine or my sons life is in danger then I should be allowed to in the instance my place of supposed safe haven is forced entry upon. My sons life and safety are a big concern with how our government is acting and how the people of this society have been acting lately. I refuse to stand by and watch Marshall law take place. I don't believe our government really has our better interest. I'm sorry if that angers anyone. But the things I've researched are terrible.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I agree that taking away all guns is not the answer.  But I also believe that there is no need for someone to personally own an assault rifle or an automatic gun.  If you say you need it to hunt to provide meat for your family, putting 20-30 rounds into the animal defeats the purpose.  There will be so much damage to the animal that almost no usable meat will be found.

Should all guns be banned, no.  But some are not needed by the law abiding public.  Also I have no problem with a magazine being limited to the number of rounds it has - again the law abiding public does not need a huge magazine.

Those who are not law abiding will always find a way to get them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)